Chapter 36- Party Plans

"Annika...I am okay, it's just...a small cut." Shivaay tried to pacify a disturbed Annika as she cleaned the blood off his finger.

"I know it's small." Annika nodded and applied some ointment carefully. "But it won't hurt to put a band aid, would it?"

"No." He shook his head and she quickly wrapped a band aid around his wounded finger. "Thanks."

She just nodded and closed the first aid box to put it back before going to the small store room behind and getting a broom to clean the glass shards and the blood drops on the floor.

"Let me do that." Shivaay said and took the broom from her as she sighed and quickly cleaned the floor.

"Thanks." She said and he nodded as the front door opened. Eva entered the office with two drinks in her hand and a smile on her face.

"What a lovely day, though it's a bit chilly outside." She said and walked in. "Here's your coffee Ma'am. Sorry I am a bit late, the queue at the café was long and slow."

"It's okay. Get to work." Annika nodded and left for her cabin as Eva frowned.

"Is she fine?" She asked Shivaay and he shrugged. "Okay, can you get me a file named Davis-Carter from that shelf?"

Shivaay nodded as he went to the directed shelf and found the asked file.

"This is-

"For an upcoming wedding, next week. VIP clients, groom is a businessman, bride is a lawyer. Both are really nice people." Eva informed and Shivaay nodded. "But they are just consulting us, the wedding is actually in America."

"What?" Shivaay frowned as Eva opened the file. "The wedding is in America and they are consulting an England-based event planner?"

"Well, what can I say? Ma'am is just too good." Eva grinned. "Actually, the groom's friend was our client last year and recommended us. So they visited us six months ago for some consultations and really liked our work."

"That's amazing." Shivaay smiled. "I mean...this is amazing."

"I know right? We have been getting so many calls from America lately, Ma'am is even thinking of opening an office there. But it's just an idea." Eva shrugged but Shivaay could see the excitement in her eyes. "Don't tell her I told you that."

"No, I won't." He chuckled. "That's so great!"

Eva nodded before she started her work. Shivaay just sat there as he wondered about Annika's progress in her business and he felt immensely proud of his...ex-wife. A hugely successful event-management company in England, the most coveted restaurant in London, an upcoming chain of cafes and now a whole new office in another country? And all this in just four years?

And he wondered, would she had been able to do all this if she was in India, with him? Probably not. Not that he wouldn't have let her or anything but he knew that if she was still his wife in Mumbai, she would have been just too busy in being a wife, a daughter-in-law and a sister-in-law. Even if she had started her own work, she could never imagine to leave her family behind or give work more importance over family. Her decisions would always be focused around her large family.

But when she came here, she only had two things to focus on. Sahil and her future. And how greatly she had managed to climb that ladder of success, both, in her personal and professional lives. She had found herself an amazing group of friends, which were more of a family to her than the Oberois ever were. And a perfect daughter. And her business was going amazingly well. He was never so proud of anyone, except when Rudra had joined the business three years ago.