Chapter 42- New Beginnings

The next day, Annika enthusiastically welcomed Rudra, Soumya and Mr Evans at her office.

It was early morning when she reached the office but she was excited about the meeting and could hardly sleep at night. This project was her dream project and she had been trying to find a partner for the last four months but in vain. And so when Shivaay had suggested Oberoi Industries as a sleeping partner, she had seen a ray of hope. She knew even if this meeting is not fruitful, she would at least gain a lot of knowledge about how a partnership works in the country and it may help her in finding a partner more easily.

"Please come in." She greeted them as they got out of the car. "Hi Soumya, I didn't know you were coming too!"

"Well, she is my partner." Rudra grinned. "Actually, we both joined the business, me three years ago and Soumya last year."

"And I haven't taken a maternity break yet." Soumya said with a proud expression and Annika imitated it.

"Wow, that's great!" She said and nodded.

"Mr Evans, this is Ms Annika, owner and founder of Jashn, the event management company and Sahil, the restaurant." Rudra introduced them. "And Annika, this is Mr Evans from the Oberoi Industries at the London offices, our lawyer and legal advisor here."

"It's such a pleasure to meet you, my wife is a great fan!" Mr Evans said and Annika smiled.

"Thank you very much. It's nice to meet you too." Annika replied. "Please come in!"

---

"So now what? Oberoi Industries is your sleeping partner?" Vikram asked as he poured some coffee in a flask.

"Not yet, we have decided to partner up but it'll take a few months before everything is finalized." Annika replied. "Why are you drinking coffee in a damn flask?"

"Sona can't have caffeine and I can't survive without it, so I am trying to hide it." He shrugged and took a long sip.

"So you rather have her think you are getting drunk in the middle of the day?" She frowned as he sat on the couch.

"You have no idea. She rather has me drinking alcohol than coffee. She loves coffee. More than she loves me." He sighed as Annika shook her head.

"Why don't you quit it then? Just until the baby comes." She shrugged and he looked at her.

"I need it to go through the day! I have already limited my intake, from seven cups to three cups and I try not to drink any at home while working. But this case needs my special attention and I have to deceive my wife, cheat on her with freaking coffee!" He sighed and took a long sip again.

"She hasn't woken up yet?" Annika asked and Vikram shook his head.

"Her morning sickness is terrible this time. She has already thrown up thrice since five am. She hardly slept." He said and looked at the time. "You think I should wake her up? It's almost sunset."

"Yes. She's been sleeping since three pm!" Annika said and stood up. "I'll reheat some chicken soup for her and you make her eat before Sid comes back with the kids from the park."

"Yeah okay." He nodded and finished the coffee in a gulp.

Fifteen minutes later, Vikram brought a sleepy Sonakshi down as she grumbled away and Annika quickly set up a tray with soup, some toasted bread and water.

"Please eat babe." He requested his wife as she groaned.

"You have the freaking audacity to drink coffee in my house and then tell me to have dumb chicken soup!" She complained and sat down on the couch.