Chapter 74- Implementing Decisions

Hello everyone! 

I hope you all are doing good and staying safe. Please stay at home and don't go outside without gloves and masks!

And I hope you enjoy this TOO LATE chapter, it is kinda short but I am just adjusting into my element :P

--

It was a week after the big call and Jashn was celebrating the successful proposal party of Aditya and Naina. 

As anticipated, Naina was surprised at the unexpected question and had immediately said yes. She was more surprised to know that Annika was involved in the arrangements but was more than happy with the whole arrangement. 

In the midst of the preparation of the big day, Annika had all but forgotten Pinky Oberoi's outburst on the call seven days ago, so it came as a rude surprise when she found herself facing the very woman a mere hours later at her front door.

"Where is my son! Where have you hid him?" The woman screamed and Annika just relived her days at the Oberoi Mansion once again. The top-of-the-lungs scream, the sharp tone, the heaving chest, the big eyes, everything reminded her of those days and she shuddered before sighing.

"He's not here-

"So where is he! Have you locked him somewhere-

"No, he is with my daughter and they've gone out to get some ice-cream-

"Wah, so my son is your staff now? How dare you-

"Mom?" Shivaay's surprised voice interrupted them and Shivi ran to her mother as soon as she saw the angry old lady.

"Your Mom was asking about you." Annika said and took her daughter in her arms. "You guys should talk, I am in Shivi's room."

Annika left the mother-son duo alone in the living room as Shivaay put the ice-cream in the freezer. Pinky stood there, seething and switching her angry gaze from her son to Annika as Shivaay tried to control his emotions.

"Mom, what are you doing-

"That's what I am asking beta, what are you doing!" Pinky said as tears pooled in her eyes. "You're throwing away your life for these people!"

"I am not throwing away my life Mom! I am getting my life back!" Shivaay shook his head and walked towards her. "Why don't you understand how important Annika and Shivi are to me?"

"And am I important? Forget about me, you hate me. Is your Daadi important? Are you brothers important? Gauri, Soumya, you love them as your sisters, are they important? Rumya, your niece, is she important? Your Badi Maa, bade papa, papa, are they important-

"Of course Maa, we are family, you all are important to me but Annika and Shivi, they are my family too!" Shivaay sat down, feeling frustrated all of a sudden. "I know you are not happy with my decision but if you can't support me, at least don't go against me. You know this is what I want. After such a long time, I am finally getting what I want, so please...I don't have the energy to fight you. I don't want to fight you anymore, I am tired of getting angry at you...you are my mother. I don't want to hate you, I know how it feels. Every day I spend with Shivi, all I want is for her to love me, to accept me. If she says no to me, it feel like I have failed her. It hurts. I don't want to hurt you like that."