Chapter 73 - Together

"I've taken a decision."

--

"Are you...serious?" Shivaay could not believe what Annika had just told him. His ears felt hot and his heartbeat raced , feeling as if he was in a dream.

"Seriously." She smiled her dazzling smile and a deep blush adorned her cheeks as she held his hand, grasping his hand tightly as if assuring him that this was not a dream. This was reality, their dream coming true!

"Annika...I know I have been kind of...like a pest for the last few days, I mean, months and I really hope-

"Shivaay, I have taken this decision without any pressure." She shrugged. "I wanted to take my time and you let me. Thank you. And...I love you."

Tears filled his kanji eyes, making them more glossy as he nodded with a large smile and she leaned down to kiss his cheek softly. They held on to each other, their foreheads touching, their arms locked and she chuckled, making him look up into her eyes.

"It's just that...I can't believe this is happening!" She laughed softly and pulled back, putting her head on his shoulder. "Thank you being you Shivaay."

"This is not Shivaay, Annika." He said and looked at her. "This is your Baggad Billa. You made me who I am today, even in your absence, you were always inspiring me to be a better man, a better brother, a better partner and now, a better father."

"Wow, look at you. Giving me all the credit." She laughed, pinching his cheek. "Cutie pie."

"Hey, I am not a cutie pie. If at all, I am a handsome pie." He sat straight, shaking his head.

"Haan but, looking at your height, cutie suits you." She calmly said as he stared at her in shock.

"Did you just call me-

"I called you a cutie. That's it! This is your new name! Cutie Singh Oberoi!" She grinned and he rolled his eyes but chuckling nonetheless.

"Fine, this is still better than that Baggad Billa." He said and stood up. "Well, Cutie Singh Oberoi would like to celebrate this occasion with his amazing girlfriend. Is the girlfriend willing?"

"She is." She smiled and blushed as she stood up as well. "But before that...please tell your family about your decision."

"Annika, stop worrying about them. Om and Rudy will be more than happy. And Gauri and Soumya are ready to pack my stuff and send it all here as long as I decide to be with you-

"Shivaay, I know they will be over the moon. I am genuinely worried about your Mom-

"That woman...Annika, she will not  influence my decision, I promise you." He said and cupped her face. "She's had enough control on me. She lost that control once and she spiraled. But I am not giving her that control back."

"Okay." She nodded and sighed loudly. "Let's call them."

"Really?" He asked and put his cheek forward. "Please give me a kiss, that's the ticket for calling the OBros."

"Hmm." Annika cupped his face and gave him a loud kiss, leaving a stain of her pink lipgloss on his fair skin. 

"Wow!" He said and took out his phone to quickly call his brothers.

"By the way, even I have their contact numbers." Annika said as they sat down. "So that kiss was not a ticket, it was my gift to you." 

"Thank you baby." He said and she gasped. "What?"