Chapter 70- One Step Forward

Guys, I'm really sorry for being invisible! I'm trying to get things back on track and I am making progress, I think.

It's been a long time since I last updated so I may have lost my touch but I'm trying my best to get back into this. Still, I hope you enjoy it!

--

"She has a family in Vikram's family and...I would like her to have a father too, along with her uncles and aunts and baby sister." Annika said, completing her sentence. 

Shivaay nodded as their tears threatened to fall. Annika cupped his face and smiled.

"Will you...help me to-

"I will. Definitely. That's why I am here, Annika. For you, for Shivi, for Sahil. I am sorry it took us so long to reach here." He said and looked down. "But I swear, I am going to give this my two hundred percent every day, for the rest of my life."

"Me too." Annika chuckled and he softly kissed her hands.

"Mumma!" Shivi came running to them. "Let's go home, I am vewy hungry!"

Annika nodded and looked at Shivaay, gesturing him to take over. He nodded and cleared his throat before turning to Shivi.

"Shivi, what do you want to eat?" He asked and picked her up as she tried to think.

"Hmmm...french toasht!" She said loudly and Shivaay alongwith Annika nodded.

"Okay, I'll make it for you." He said and started following Annika to the park's exit.

"Really? You know how to make food?" Shivi looked surprised and Shivaay nodded.

"You know Shivi, he makes very tasty food." Annika said and they sat in the car.

"Can you make pizza?" She asked further and Shivaay nodded. "And pasta? And sandwich?"

"Yup, I can make everything!" Shivaay nodded with pride and Shivi looked thoughtful.

"So can you make my English project too?" She asked and Annika looked at Shivaay, who laughed loudly.

"Of course, I can help you." Shivaay said and Annika nodded at him discreetly.

"Thank you!!" Shivi screamed in excitement as laughter filled the car.

--

"No, I don't like this!" Shivi cried and pushed away the plate Shivaay had just put in front of her.

"Why?" Shivaay frowned. 

He had spent the last hour making the perfect french toast, with Annika giving him directions on Shivi's preferences from the other side of the kitchen and now Shivi said she did not like it. He looked at Annika, who sat on the couch with a file and she sighed. Closing her file, she walked in the kitchen and stood beside Shivi, who sat on a high chair.

"What happened? Why don't you want it?" She caressed her daughter's hair and Shivi, getting hungry and angry, wrapped her arms around her mother and buried her face in her waist. Annika looked at the plate and then at Shivaay.

"Shivaay, I told you. Triangle pieces." She said and he looked at the plate.

"Yaa, they're fancy triangles. Shivi, they are diamonds!" He said but Shivi shook her head, not leaving her mother.

"Diamonds are not triangles." Annika chuckled and grabbed her daughter. "It's okay baby, it tastes the same."

"I want twiangles Mumma!" Shivi started crying and Shivaay hated himself. 

Why could not he stick to the given instructions rather than improvising! Now Shivi hated him and his food! And she was crying!

"Shivi, please baccha, have it." Annika coaxed her but Shivi shook her head. "Should I throw it away?"

Shivi shook her head yet again and whimpered before getting back her seat. Annika gestured Shivaay to take over and he slid the plate towards Shivi.

"I am sorry Shivi." He said and broke a piece of bread to feed her. "Next time, I will definitely make them into triangles."

"Really?" She asked before taking the morsel and held her little finger up. "Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise." He said and fed her as she smiled.

"Is it good?" Annika asked and Shivi nodded, taking the plate and eating herself. Shivaay and Annika shared a smile as their little girl forgot about shapes to enjoy her favorite dish.

--

Rudra and Soumya heard their brother rave about his first experience as a parent and smiled to each other as their daughter sat in the middle, looking at her rambling Badepapa with widened eyes.

"Really Bade Bhaiya!" Gauri exclaimed from the speaker phone. "And you fed her yourself?"

"Yes! And she finished off every bit too!" Shivaay said and heard Gauri squeal. Only she would get as excited as Shivaay himself at this development and Om was heard trying to stop her.

"Gauri, relax, he just fed Shivi-

"Please shut up and let me have this moment!" Gauri grumbled and everyone shook their head. "Then what happened?" 

"Then I helped her in her English project-

"You know Bhaiya, a research says that parents who help their kids in their studies are 17%-

"They are good parents Sumo, now shh!" Rudra completed the sentence wrongly and Soumya made a face but stopped anyways. Shivaay, who was waiting for Soumya to finish her analysis report, continued.

"And she was very happy." He sighed. "I had the greatest time. I mean, she was almost crying when I had to leave!"

"And that made you happy? Sadist!" Rudra, the drama king as always, exclaimed.

"Rudra! Of course I wasn't happy that she was crying. I was happy because she...did not want me to leave." He shrugged and smiled to himself for the hundredth time today, his heart soaring in joy.