Chapter 68- Girlfriend's Advice

I am so sorry for such a late update. I had a family emergency and could not even think about all this. I am sure you'll understand. Ly.

--

"Okay, so this is the decoration we're looking for, right?" Annika asked Aditya as they sat in her cabin two days later after the fight outside the club.

"Looks stunning." Aditya nodded with a huge smile and sipped his tea. "This is exactly what I wanted...how did you-

"It's all photoshop." Annika grinned. "We try to recreate our clients vision so that they can see what we are going to do and recommend any changes as clearly as possible."

"That's great!" He said and Annika smiled.

"Then, we only have one big room to decorate so that'll be done. About guests, are you planning to have a proposal party or you want it to be between the two of you?"

"Just the two of us. What if she says no? I don't want to be embarrassed in front of my friends." He said and then laughed. "I'm just kidding, she won't say no."

"As you wish." She shook her head with a chuckle. "Menu?"

"Hmm...she has this favorite Chinese restaurant near our place. Can we order from there? Wait, I can order from there on the day itself." He said and Annika shrugged.

"Cake? Dessert?" She asked and he nodded.

"I'll order that too." He said and she looked at him.

"I hope you don't split the cheque between us two." She said and crossed her arms with a smile.

"No, I will not." He laughed as her cabin's door opened.

"What are we laughing at?" Sonakshi asked as she walked.

"Hi Sonakshi!" Aditya said and stood up to shake her hand.

"You can call me Bhabhi." Sonakshi said with a sarcastic smile.

"Hi Bhabhi." He said and she nodded.

"Congratulations on the upcoming proposal." She said and shook his hand. "Annika, let's have lunch?"

"Yaa, give me five minutes, I just need to wrap this up." Annika said and showed her the binder as Aditya looked at her.

"Okay then, you can mail me all this later. I'll see you. Bye." He said as Sonakshi stopped him.

"Why don't you join us?" She asked and he shook his head.

"Thanks but I have to meet Naina.!" He said as the women nodded and he left with a wave. "Bye!"

"Indian or Italian?" Sonakshi asked as she put her bag down and took a seat.

"Anything is fine." Annika said and kept working as Sonakshi frowned.

"You can talk to me whenever you want." She said while ordering their lunch.

"What?" Annika looked up from her laptop and shrugged.

"You had a long, emotional talk with Shivaay I assume and you haven't said anything about it to either Vikram or Sid or me in these two days. So, if you want, you can talk to me. I am just saying." Sonakshi said simply, eyes glued to her phone to choose the lunch dishes.

"I am...I'm fine." Annika said and cleared her throat.

"Okay. I am ordering pizza." Sonakshi nodded and Annika shut her laptop.

"But you know...it's like-

"Hmm, I am listening." Sonakshi said as Annika stood up anxiously.

"I can't help but think...this could have been...our last fight. Like, what if we had fought instead of...talking it out and you know, you don't know but I know, how Shivaay is? What if he had gotten all angry and I would have been so pissed if that happened and...he would have screamed and I would have shouted and all this could have ended...just like that, out of nowhere!" She ranted and shook her head. "Something I never saw coming could have ended my relationship Sona! I can't shake the feeling that this may happen again!"

"Annika." Sonakshi sighed and stood up. Walking up to her distressed friend, she held her hand and guided her to sit on the couch and sat beside her.

"Let me tell you something which is going to scare you but...it's the truth." Sonakshi said and smiled. "That feeling? That's never going to go away."

"What do you...you mean I am going to wake up every day with this fear?" Annika asked and Sonakshi chuckled. "That my relationship can end any moment?"

"Hmm, not everyday but yeah, some days that'll be all you think about." She said. "But then you'll remember how much you love him and how much he loves you. And even though something like that can happen, you'll be fine because you'll have each other."

"Have you...and Vikram ever fought...like a huge fight that-

"Yeah, it has happened once. And I genuinely thought that it's the end of our relationship." Sonakshi said and her eyes suddenly filled with tears. But she chuckled the next second. "And the weird thing is...it was not a fight against each other. It was a fight for each other."

"What do you mean? What happened?" Annika asked, suddenly concerned about her friends' relationship. "When did it happen?"

"Uh...Aryan was four months old and I...I got this amazing job offer in Australia. It required me to join for a month, for probation period, and three months after that, I would get the confirmation. Vikram thought it was great and he wanted me to go but...I did not want to leave. We had just shifted to London hardly five months ago, we were getting settled, Vikram was in the middle of a very tense case and Aryan was so small. We didn't even know anyone here except you but I could not stand the thought of leaving them even for a day. And Vikram was very upset because of that."

"Why? I mean, surely, he must understand why you felt that way?" Annika asked, shaking her head.

"He just thought that he would be able to take care of himself and Aryan and I knew that he would, I wasn't concerned about that. It was more of a I don't want to leave you guys than a I don't want to leave because I am concerned about your safety." Sonakshi said. "It was more of an emotional decision than a practical one. And we fought big, big time due to that. It was a few months later that we had a serious talk about it and I realised why Vikram was so adamant of letting me go."

"Why?" Annika asked and Sonakshi looked at her.

"Because he thought that his love had made me weak and I was emotionally dependent on him to such an extent that I could not even think about leaving him or Aryan for such an amazing career opportunity. He felt guilty of making me feel like that. And he was right. I was and I still am. I had to make him understand that his love is as much as a strength to me as it is a weakness and I am okay with that." Her friend said with a soft smile. "That he should never feel guilty of the fact that I love him so much."

"So you are saying-

"That it's okay to be scared. Did you see what kind of a weird fight we had? Did I see that coming? Not at all but it happened anyways. So, it's fine. You cannot predict the future or change the past so just live in the present." Sonakshi said with a chuckle. "So, if you're afraid, be afraid but don't run away from it."

"Sona, you don't understand. Shivaay and I, we've never been in an actual, legit relationship. We are two very different people-

"Annika, every person is different that the other. If you think two similar people are always in a perfect relationship, you're wrong. There's no such thing as a perfect relationship. But, that also doesn't mean that every relationship has problems as big as a mountain. Every problem has a solution. You should be talking to Shivaay about it."

"But Shivi, what should I say to her-

"Shivi will be concerned of this after you decide what your future with Shivaay is." Sonakshi said. "Just decide. If you love him enough to give him a second chance, trust him enough to give yourself a second chance too. Now let's eat, I am very hungry."