Chapter 53- Long Talks

Wish you a very merry (belated) Christmas and a more merrier Happy New Year! Wish you have a great year!

So, wow, last update of 2018! See you all in 2019!

--

"So...how were the last...eighteen months for you?" Annika asked as they ate their breakfast.

"Boring...busy." He said and sipped on his coffee. "Yours?"

"Busy...not boring at all." She said with a chuckle. "This project has kept me so excited...I am so excited that it's finally happening!"

"I am glad it is." He smiled. "Thanks to me."

"Yeah, you can take 33%of the credit." She said and laughed as he shrugged.

"Last week-

"Yes." She suddenly said and he looked at her, confused.

"What?" He asked, shaking his head a bit.

"I am saying yes. To you. To us."She said as his eyes widened a bit and mouth opened. "I thought a lot and...I am ready."

"Are you sure-

"I am not saying we should get married or anything like that." She said quickly, shaking her head. "Just that...I want you to get to know Shivi more...give Sahil a chance to know you again...let us get familiar around each other. Things like that."

"Well that'll become easy...given that I am moving to London next month." He said and she almost spat out her coffee.

"What?" She asked surprised. "Shivaay...you don't have to do that-

"Then how are we going to...give this a fair chance...if we live in two different countries?" He asked simply, stating a fact.

"I meant, you can come here every month...meet us-

"I am not going to meet you or Shivi or Sahil everyday." He said and kept eating leisurely. "We'll give each other space and yet, stay not so far away from each other."

"Are you sure, I mean-

"I had eighteen months to think. I am sure." He said with confidence and she sighed.

"And what about your family? They'll-

"Be happy for us. Especially OmRu and SoumRi." Shivaay said and Annika frowned.

"SoumRi? Who's that?" She asked and Shivaay bit his lip.

"Soumya and Gauri." He chuckled. "Badepapa gave them a nickname for when he wants to call them both at the same time and doesn't want to waste an extra breath."

"Well, in that case, shouldn't Gauri's name come first as she's elder?" She shrugged in question and they deviated from their topic just like that.

"Well, Soumya married into the house before Gauri...both times, so Badepapa had this thought that Soumya's name will come first because he's more habituated to calling her than Gauri because she just came a few months ago." Shivaay said and frowned to himself. "He's weird."

"No he's not." Annika shook her head. "Maybe a little bit. But it's nice to see him...so involved in the family life."

"You have no idea. I had never seen him like that but in the last five years...he's so changed. He goes on dates with Badi Maa, is always the first to attend Om's exhibitions and Gauri's fashion shows. And he's so involved with Rudra and Soumya in the office. And at home? He's another story! No work, only family! And after Rumya's birth, it's as if he has forgotten he has a huge business empire to run. He spends most of his day with Soumya and Rumya, it's insane to see him like that!" Shivaay said with an expression of awe. "It's amazing to see him like that."