Chapter 29- Arghhh!

Chapter 29

"This is stupid." Rudra said. "Bhaiyaa, sometimes it becomes so difficult to understand you!"

"What did I do?" Shivaay said and sipped his coffee.

"Wow. You go and become your ex-wife's personal assistant and you are asking what did I do? That's great!" Om said and shook his head.

"Seriously Bade Bhaiyaa, why do you do all this?" Soumya mumbled as she munched on some potato chips.

"Please guys, I am sure Bhaiyaa had something in his mind when he took this decision!" Gauri said and sighed, looking at Shivaay.

"Of course, Gauri is right. I made this decision after lot of thinking." Shivaay said and smiled.

"And would you care to tell us what were you thinking, please?" Omkara said and crossed his arms.

"Okay." Shivaay said and cleared his throat. "This will make me stay closer to Annika and-

"And make her get upset over you invading her professional and personal space. That's such a great idea and I feel incredibly proud of you!" Rudra said and rolled his eyes.

"Come on Rudy Bhaiyaa, don't be so negative! This will make Bhaiyaa closer to Annika Bhaujai and help clear the misunderstandings!" Gauri smiled and Shivaay nodded.

"What misunderstandings? There are no misunderstandings! A misunderstanding means when you fail to understand something or when you misinterpret someone's actions or words. Annika Bhabhi never misunderstood Shivaay. Because Shivaay always meant what he said and did." Omkara said haughtily.

"I know. I know Om and I want to apologize to her. I just want to try once, to win her back, to win Shivi, to win Saahil back. One chance!" Shivaay said in a pleading tone.

"And how do you know Annika Bhabhi will give you that chance?" Soumya asked.

"She didn't fire me yet! That's a sign!" Shivaay said and everyone looked at each other.

"Okay then, if you think this will work then we cannot stop you. All the best." Rudra said unexcitedly, knowing that argumentation with his elder brother would get no conclusion whatsoever.

--

"So Vikram told me about the mishap at the office today." Sonakshi said and Annika frowned.

"Mishap? What mishap?" She asked as she stirred some sugar in two glasses of milk.

"You know, Shivaay...personal assistant and all that." Sonakshi said calmly and Annika put the spoon down with a clank.

"Wow, news travels fast huh? So, are you going to tease me now?" She asked with crossed arms and Sonakshi shook her head.

"Of course not. Why would I do that?" She said and shrugged. "I am a very busy person and I have other things to do!"

"Really, like what?" Annika asked and put the spoon in the sink.

"Like, crave for mirchi ice cream!" She said excitedly and Annika chuckled.

"Is that even a thing?" She asked and Sonakshi nodded.

"Yes. They make it with green chillies and-

"Okay, that's gross." Annika shivered dramatically and took the glasses.

"It's actually pretty amazing." Sonakshi said.

"You have had it?" Annika asked surprisingly.

"No but I have read the reviews." Sonakshi mumbled and Annika laughed.

"Anni Maa, can I have my milk please?" Aryan asked politely as he entered the kitchen.

"Of course baccha, I was coming to give you na, why did you come here?" Annika asked sweetly and took Aryan in her arms, handing him the glass of milk.

"I was hungrwy." He said and sipped on the milk quickly.

"Slowly! Drink slowly!" Annika said and Shivi came running in the kitchen.

"Milk, milk, milk time!" She shouted and Annika chuckled.

"Haan, haan, Ms Princess!" Sonakshi laughed. "But first, come to me!"

"No, no Sona Maa, you cannot hold me like Mumma is holding Aryan!" Shivi shook her head.

"Why not?" Sonakshi pouted.

"Because Mumma said you have a little baby in your stomach and you should be careful." Shivi said with crossed arms.

"Okay! As you say!" Sona chuckled and handed the glass of milk to Shivi.

"Thank you!" Shivi said and smiled. "I love you!"

"Aww! I love you too!" Sonakshi awwed at Shivi's sudden declaration of love towards her and ran behind her to hug her god-daughter.

"Mumma, can I ask you something?" Shivi asked after a few minutes.

"Yes, you can." Annika answered as she sat on the couch, with Sonakshi beside her.

"What was the blue-eyed uncle doing in your office today?" Shivi asked and Annika sat straight.

"Umm, he...he works there...now." Annika replied slowly.

"Works! Wow! So he will be there every day? Yayy! Now I can talk to him every day!" Shivi said excitedly, clapping away.

"Shivi, you like the blue-eyed uncle?" Sonakshi asked and Shivi nodded.

"Yes, he is very cute!" She said and giggled and Sonakshi laughed.

"Shivi, promise me one thing. Don't tell Sid about the blue-eyed uncle working in my office, ok?" Annika said.

"Okay Mumma, I won't! Pakka promise!" Shivi said and held up her little finger and grasped it with her mother's.

"So, are you going to fire him?" Sonakshi asked after Shivi and Aryan left to do their homework.

"Of course! I can't let him stay. I am not that strong. And letting him stay is just stupid." Annika said and shrugged.

"Shivi will be upset." Sona replied.

"What should I do then?" Annika sighed and looked up, scratching her head. "I can't let him stay. I can't let him go. What a pickle!"

"This situation is so exceptional that I don't even know how to give you any advice!" Sonakshi mumbled.

"I know right. Something like this happens rarely, but with me it happens every time! Aren't I lucky?" Annika said sarcastically. "Shivi likes him so much, Sona. It'll break her heart if he leaves and that will break my heart. Oh God, help me!"

"Relax. Everything will be fine!" Sonakshi said and took Annika's leg, rubbing it affectionately.

"How do you know?" Annika asked and looked at her friend.

"I..I don't know! I just had to say something! Why are you being such a sissy!" Sonakshi huffed suddenly as her mood swing took her over and pushed Annika's leg from her lap so forcefully that she rolled down from the couch and on to the floor.

"What the f..fruck!" Annika cried, rubbing her back. "These stupid hormonal changes are changing your behavioural patterns Mrs Jaisingh and I do not like that!"

"Whatever! I am going to eat some ketchup and don't try to stop me like you did the last seven times!" Sonakshi said and stood up.

"I will not! I have other things to do!" Annika said but kept lying on the floor, showing no signs of getting up.

"Really, like what?" Sonakshi asked with crossed arms.

"Like, contemplating the meaning of life and wondering what should I do with you that Vikram doesn't kill me." Annika said and smiled, looking at her friend.

"Okay, as you wish. Bye. I hate you!" Sonakshi shouted and left.

"Bye. I hate you too." Annika screamed and sighed before groaning in annoyance.