Chapter 19- His Relief and Her Fear

Chapter 19

"Let's go." Siddharth said and they started walking towards the exit. Annika called out to Shivaay and asked him to come with them.

"Why are you asking him to come with us?" Siddharth grumbled and Annika glared at him.

"I drove him here so I should drop him back! And anyways, we are going to the same place so it makes sense." She shrugged.

"But he can afford a cab and-

"Stop it Sid!"

"Okay."

They walked to the car and Annika took the driver's seat and Siddharth sat beside her with Shivaay sitting quietly in the back seat. It was the most uncomfortable he had ever been. Five minutes into the ride Annika's phone rang and Siddharth picked it up on her sign.

"It's Sona." He said and put the phone on speaker.

"Hello?" Annika said and it was Vikram's ecstatic scream that answered.

"I am gonna be a dad! I am gonna be a dad!" He shouted and Annika and Siddharth laughed while Shivaay frowned.

"Yes we know!" Annika laughed and Vikram suddenly stopped.

"What? You know?" He asked in an offended tone and Annika bit her lip.

"Yes. Sona told me. I actually trained her to give you the news! Was it anywhere between the lines of Babe, I know we had decided to plan the next baby and all?" She chuckled and Shivaay shook his head, trying to understand.

"Yes?" Vikram said and Siddharth chuckled as well.

"Yeah, it was my speech! I even enacted that for her!" Annika laughed and she could hear Vikram's whine.

"I don't feel so special anymore!" He said and Annika laughed again. "Okay then, bye." He cut the call in an upset tone and Siddharth put the phone down, still snickering.

"You enacted the speech for her?" He asked and she nodded.

"Yes! She was so nervous! So I prepared a speech for her! Wanna listen?" She asked and he nodded eagerly, crossing his arms. Shivaay sat straight up, listening hard and trying to make sense of the situation while Annika cleared her throat.

"Babe, I know we had decided to plan the next baby but I am pregnant! And I know it is a shock, it was for me too but I really think we are ready to have another kid! Don't you think our child needs a sibling to play with?" ­She narrated dramatically as Siddharth nodded impressively.

"That was something!" He said and Annika smiled.

"She is not pregnant? She is not pregnant? What is happening? Why is my life so unpredictable these days? She was just acting! Why did I think that- Oh God, I am so dumb! I am so freaking stupid!" Shivaay thought and thought, his head hurting. "And I took a punch for her! No! I took three punches for her, just because I did not want to jeopardize her relationship at such a fragile moment and she turns out be in not a fragile moment? What the hell? Now I will teach this Siddharth that- no, no, no! Don't think like that Shivaay! So what if she is not pregnant? She is still his girlfriend, still the mother of their daughter! Pregnant or not, you are not to ruin her relationship! Get your head straight!"

"Shivaay, are you alright?" Annika suddenly asked and he looked up.

"What?" He mumbled and shook his head lightly.

"You were mumbling something? Get your head straight or somewhat?" Annika asked with a frown and Siddharth chuckled.

"He should do that!" He snickered and Annika looked at him angrily.