Chapter 30- Secret's Out?

Chapter 30

"I am really craving a cheeseburger today!" Siddharth said as soon as he entered the house and Annika rolled her eyes.

"I am so glad that I am pregnant!" Sonakshi grinned.

"You are not that pregnant, you can make food!" Annika whimpered and Sonakshi shook her head.

"Nope, not at all!" She said.

"And why not?" Annika crossed her arms.

"Because, you know, the fumes...and the sm..smoke and the fi..fire, yes, it's too dangerous! You know I have to be careful!" Sonakshi shrugged and held her stomach tightly.

"Yeah, because you have a choolha* in your kitchen!" Annika said sarcastically, shaking her head.

"What's a choola Mumma?" Shivi asked, looking up from her homework.

"It's a mouse." Aryan said and started drawing a mouse on the blank sheet of paper in front of him.

"That's a chooha." Sonakshi said and chuckled. "A choolha is a stove made of brick and people cook on it, it's an old concept and it's usually used in an open area, because it gives out a lot of smoke and fumes, and it's kind of an open fire so it's not very safe and-

"Yeah, I think you can stop there because no one is paying any attention." Siddharth said as he entered the living room with a beer in his hand.

Sonakshi stuck her tongue out and Siddharth made funny faces as Annika chuckled, shaking her head.

"Where's Vikram?" Sonakshi asked, looking for her husband. "Didn't he come with you?"

"Yeah, he got a call. He's outside though." Siddharth said and drank his drink.

"Good evening my darling!"Vikram said with a smile and open arms and Sonakshi almost jumped from her seat and into the awaiting arms of her husband.

"So much for being careful." Annika scowled.

"Mmm." Vikram moaned softly as his wife kissed him and Annika and Siddharth looked at each other with widened eyes.

"Guys, get a room please, we have kids in here!" Siddharth said and the couple broke away from each other.

"Sorry. It's my hormones!" Sonakshi shrugged.

"I love these hormones!" Vikram exclaimed and everyone laughed making Sonakshi blush.

"So, who's gonna make that cheeseburger for me?" Siddharth asked looking at Annika. "Annika?"

"What? I am not your cook! Geez!" Annika said and lied back on the couch.

"You used to cook for me before! Please, please!" Siddharth whined like a baby.

"That was because you were helping me then!" She said.

"Exactly! I helped you in opening your restaurant! Hey, why don't we order free food from your restaurant?" Siddharth exclaimed.

"Yes, yes, free food!" Shivi jumped from her chair and came running into the living room.

"What?" Annika frowned. "Okay!" She grinned.

She quickly dialled her chef and ordered the dinner and her chef was more than happy to oblige.

"But I still didn't get my cheeseburger!" Siddharth grumbled. "Annika! You know what; you should open a cheeseburger truck!"

"A truck? I don't do trucks!" Annika frowned.

"You should though!" Siddharth nodded. "You know how much I like cheesebur-

"Oh my God, someone give this man a cheeseburger and shut his mouth!" Sonakshi suddenly whined loudly.