Chapter 57- Decision

So I am back, lmao.

I know I am a bit late (but am I?) but I swear, I have been super busy and I am writing this from my office (dedication).

And I know many of you want to know so, yes, I started my office very nicely and I am having a great time (except for the first day when I bumped into a glass door and had to walk around with a red bump on my forehead for two days, really I am not lying. What a great first-day-story, right?)

Anyways, I am back now and I really hope you enjoy this chapter! It has a tiny twist in the end but you are not allowed to scroll down immediately!

--

Shivaay cursed the moment he understood Siddharth's question. He did not want to announce his decision like this, unprepared and unexpectedly.

He had had everything planned to share this news with his family, especially with his brothers and sisters-in-law. He had the private jets ready for five romantic locations, booked seven-star resorts and luxury suites, bought a whole new wardrobe for Rumya and whatnot but Siddharth had to ask this when all Shivaay had was a cold slice of cheese pizza in his hand.

He could not do anything but to share his decision now.

He sighed and cleared his throat before nodding and putting away the pizza. As the others stared at him and Annika tried to hide her smile, he bit his lips and looked at them.

"Well, I have planned something-

"We are listening." Siddharth interrupted and Shivaay could hear Annika shaking with laughter already.

"I am moving to London, next month-

"What?" Three simultaneous shouts intercepted his announcement and Annika laughed loudly this time, making Shivaay smile to himself despite of his uncomfortable situation.

"Bhaiya, what are you saying-

"Are you serious Bade Bhaiya-

"This is impossible-

"What I am saying is the truth Rudra. Yes, I am very serious Soumya and no, this is not impossible Siddharth." Shivaay answered the half-asked questions quickly. "Everything is planned. I have sorted things on the professional front and I was going to share this with everyone very soon, once we were back at the Mansion."

"But Bhaiya, Choti Maa-

"I know. But I have to do this Rudra...I am giving the responsibility to handle her to you guys-

"Bhaiya, I can't do that-

"Soumya, tell him. Please." Shivaay sighed and looked at Soumya, who looked on the verge of crying.

"I understand Bhaiya...but it's such a...big decision and...how will we...I mean...Dadi will never-

"I know it'll be hard for her but Soumya, I have thought about it and it's the only way if we want to give this a chance. Do you think it'll be possible if we both live in two different-

"I understand." Soumya nodded and wiped her wet eyes with a smile. "Right Rudra?"

"I guess." Rudra mumbled and shrugged as Soumya held his hand.

"Dude, are you serious?" Siddharth asked, still looking shocked.

"Yes Siddharth, I am very serious." Shivaay nodded. "I know you don't like me a lot and...that's fair with whatever I have done in the past but I promise, I won't be repeating it."

"You better keep that promise." Siddharth said and looked at Annika. "Otherwise I will-

"I will too." Annika nodded. "Be careful Shivaay."

"I will be." Shivaay smiled and they all heard Rumya cry suddenly.

"Looks like Rumya is not ready to stay away from her Bade Papa." Soumya chuckled and got up. "I'll get her."

Soumya went inside the room as Annika too got up to clear away the dishes with Siddharth.

"Bhaiya." Rudra looked at his elder brother. "Have you thought this-

"Yes Rudy. I know it seems sudden but it's not. I had months to think and-

"Bhaiya, please...I trust your decision and I want you to be happy...but...

"But what?" Shivaay asked when Rudra stopped talking.

"Nothing. It's going to sound very selfish." Rudra mumbled and Shivaay frowned.

"What happened Rudra? Tell me?" Shivaay said and sat beside his youngest brother.

"If you'll leave...how will I-

"You will be just fine." Shivaay said as he understood his brother's worry. "You are a great businessman and you have everyone with you, Bade Papa, Dad, Badi Maa and especially Soumya. And I am not dying-

"Bhaiya!" Rudra exclaimed and Shivaay sighed.

"Sorry. But what I meant was...I am not going anywhere. I will be available at all times and obviously I will be visiting!" Shivaay smiled as Soumya came back with Rumya in her arms.

"Aashima is awake too." She said to Annika. "She was just staring at Rumya cry and she almost started crying when she saw me-

"It's okay, I'll get her." Siddharth said and left to get his niece.

"I think we should leave now." Soumya said as Rudra tried to rock their daughter back to sleep. "It's quite late for Rumya."

"Yes, I have to take Aryan and Aashima back to Vikram's too. Let's go." Annika nodded and wiped her hands quickly before fetching the keys of her car.

"Where is everyone going?" Siddharth asked as Aashima giggled in his arms.

"Home. I am going to drop the kids, can you stay here with Shivi?" She said and Siddharth nodded.

"Aryan, let's go home!" Annika called him and he stood up, ready to leave.

Half an hour later, Annika walked in her home, yawning as sleep came to her. She opened the door quietly and walked in, only to find Siddharth crouching near the door with the lights dimmed.

"Aah!" She screamed as he looked at her weirdly. "What the hell Sid?"

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to!" He said and she sighed.

"It's okay. What are you doing, sitting in the dark like this?" She asked with a frown.

"I swear...it was a mistake...I didn't realize-

"What are you talking about? What happened?" She asked as she saw his pale face.

"Uhh...when you were gone...I got a phone call-

"Yes?" She said and he gulped.

"It was a friend who wanted to hire you to organize an event." He said and Annika nodded. "And I said you will do it."

"Okay, I will do it but why are you acting like this?" She asked and he looked away.

"Uhh...actually....

"What Sid?" She groaned as he took four steps back.

"It was Aditya."