Chapter 44- Oh...Hi?

"Annika?" He said as he stared at her wide eyes and his gaze went to her wet clothes. "I am so sorry; I didn't see you at all!"

"Uh? It's...okay." She gulped confusingly.

What is he doing here?

Didn't he leave for India?

What is happening?

"Are you okay?" He asked again and she nodded. "Do you have a change of clothes? In your office?"

"No. I don't." She shook her head as she registered the coldness of the wet fabric. "Ohhh...it's cold!"

"Wait...let's get you changed." He said, throwing away the now half-empty cup of coffee in a trashcan.

"How?" She asked and he shrugged.

"Um...we'll buy you new clothes. There's a mall here nearby, right?" He asked and she stared at him. "What?"

"You think I'll go to the mall like this? I have a reputation to maintain, you know?" She mumbled, trying to wipe away the mess.

"Okay...what should we do?" He asked and she sighed.

"Call a cab, I have to go home and change." She said and he nodded.

"Okay. What's your address?" He took out his phone and started finding available cabs.

"Give it to me!" She said and taking his phone, put in her address.

"You didn't get your car?" He asked as she booked the cab.

"Well that's an interesting question, I wonder what the answer is!" She said sarcastically. "Obviously I didn't get my car otherwise would you be getting a taxi for me?"

"Right." He said. "The cab is a minute away. Let me...hold your bag and jacket."

Annika sighed as Shivaay took her stuff and they waited for the cab. Once it arrived, Annika sat in and so did Shivaay.

"Wait, where are you going?" She asked and he shrugged.

"I am not letting you go home alone, in this state." He said and gestured the driver to start driving. Annika suddenly felt too exhausted to fight so she kept quiet, focusing her attention back to Soumya's message.

Thank you so much Di, for everything! It was so good to see you again and meet Shivi! Wish we could have met Sahil too but maybe next time when we are in London! Sorry I can't call you now, we all are in the flight. But will definitely do once we reach home! Hope to see you soon next year! ;)

So Shivaay didn't go with them? Why? For her? She didn't believe that.

"We are here." The driver said, pulling Annika out of her thoughts.

"Thanks." Shivaay said as they got down the cab and inside the building. The elevator ride was a silent one and Annika had almost forgotten about the cold, wet cloth sticking to her when it stopped.

"Is this it?" Shivaay asked as the elevator opened at the tenth floor.

"Yaa." She mumbled and they stepped out. Opening the door, she welcomed him inside.

"Shoes here please." She said and he nodded, removing his footwear and placing it on the shoe rack which was filled with Annika's and Shivi's shoes and slippers.

"I will get changed. Please sit." She said as she walked inside and he followed her.

Her home was beautiful and so...her. Every corner screamed of the Annika he had known four years ago. Bright and quirky and gorgeous. He walked in slowly, looking at pictures of Annika with her family on a red wall. With Shivi, Sahil, Siddharth, Vikram, Sonakshi and their son, what was his name? Yeah, Aryan. He sighed as he sat down on a bright yellow couch and looked at the small white cushions which had tiny orange and red paint handprints on them.