Chapter 5- I Am Back

Chapter 5

"Ann..Annika...bhab..bhabhi...there..." Gauri tried to tell, as everyone stopped eating and talking.

"What?" Omkara asked his wife, getting up from his seat slowly and she pointed backwards.

"I saw...Annika bhabhi, she was.. .there..." Gauri said sluggishly as everyone got up.

"What are you saying? Annika? Here?" Dadi asked with a surprised and shocked expression.

"It can't be!" Tej Oberoi said in a shocked tone as his brother stood up.

"Why can't it be, bhaisaahab? She can be anywhere in the world, for all we know!" Shakti said thoughtfully.

"Gauri, are you sure it was Annika?" Priyanka asked slowly, as Gauri nodded.

"Yes, yes, it was her! I saw her. I was coming down with Dadi's medicines and we bumped into each other. She even talked to me!" Gauri told them.

"Bhabhi, are you hundred per cent sure that it was Annika bhabhi, like a hundred and ten per cent sure?" Rudra asked, almost shaking Gauri's shoulders as Gauri nodded.

"Yes devarji, it was her! She was wearing a black tank top...and...and jeans-

"It can't be Annika then, she doesn't wear that kind of clothes." Jhanvi said with a sad tone, interrupting Gauri.

"No Maa, it was her. Her clothing has changed but her face, it cannot be changed na? And she had that moon bracelet! I saw it, I recognised it! I can recognise that bracelet anytime Maa, I have seen it a thousand times on her picture! Believe me!" Gauri said quickly.

"Oh God, was it really Annika, here? I cannot believe it!" Jhanvi said, sitting back slowly.

"Oh thank you God! Thank you! If this isn't God's grace upon us, we came to London and Annika is here, of any other place in the whole world!" Dadi praised her Lord with joined hands as Somya hugged her, tears flowing from everyone's faces.

Everyone seemed to forget Shivaay and Pinky, who were still sitting in their seats, face white as a ghost, body still like a statue, as if they could not believe the situation which was in front of them.

"Shivaay! Chhoti Maa!" Omkara rushed towards them, as others followed.

Shivaay's heart hadn't stopped thumping as soon as he had heard Gauri speak.

His Annika was here! Here! In London, in this very resort! She was sitting in this garden a few minutes ago and he hadn't felt it? How? How could he be so stupid? How could he not realize that he was breathing in the same air as she was? Why, why hadn't he sensed her?

"Ann..Annika...is...here...Om...Rudra...she is here, she is here!" Shivaay shouted, jumping from his seat.

Pinky saw the life seep back into her son, his eyes twinkling with excitement, his face red as blood flew back into his face and she felt life seep back into her own veins.

As Gauri told everyone about her encounter with Annika, every Oberoi listened with apt attention, a huge smile adorning their bright faces, hearts racing with excitement.

But Shivaay couldn't wait to meet his Annika. His tadibaaz queen. His Paanika. After four years! Four damn long years!

Before anybody could stop him, he was running into the direction where Gauri had met Annika a few minutes ago. His brothers rushed behind him as others followed but Shivaay was sprinting already, and just like Gauri, he bumped into someone.