Chapter 13- Forgiveness

Chapter 13

"You look happy? Shivaay, are you alright?" Om asked his brother who suddenly looked joyous. His smile was back and his eyes shone like a bright blue sky.

"I hope he's not gone...you know..." Rudra mumbled and Somya glared at him, looking back at her brother-in-law. The man who looked broken and shattered a few minutes ago was suddenly looking in a blissful mood and everyone was intrigued.

"Shivaay-

"She's not married. She's not married! Do you hear me? She didn't marry anyone!" He chuckled and the Oberois stood confused.

"What are you saying Bhaiyaa?" Rudra asked, worrying that his brother had finally gone insane.

"I am saying that she did not get married to that man!" He laughed again and everyone looked at each other.

"Okay, how do you know that?" Gauri asked her bade-bhaiyaa slowly.

"This woman told me that he's just her boyfriend, not husband! Do you know what this means? That I still have a chance! I can still do something and get her back!" He said excitedly and his brothers looked at each other, shaking their heads.

"Shivaay, we cannot just believe a random woman. But fine, let's accept for a minute that Annika is not married to Siddharth. But she still has a daughter with him. Married or not, they are a family!" Om tried to make him understand and Rudra nodded.

"Yes Bhaiyaa, you can't break her family. You can't break her again!" He almost shouted, getting suddenly very angry at his brother's lack of understanding the situation.

"I am not going to break her family or her again, I can never do that! But I can at least talk to her once? Right?" He asked, looking at his family, especially his brothers and sisters-in-law. "She never married him, in spite of having a child with him. What do you say about that? That she doesn't feel strong enough for him, right? Neither does he, that's why they didn't get married!"

" Shivaay-

"Please Om, once! I will talk to her just one time. Yes or no, I need to hear it from her. Please?" He asked, his voice full of emotions and Om looked at Rudra, who just shrugged.

"What will you say to her?" It was Somya who replied. "What are you going to say? That Annika I am sorry that I never supported you when I should have, that I never fought for you as I should have, that I never accepted you as you are because you weren't good enough for me? Then what are you going to say? Please give me another chance? Just forget these four years, which were probably not easy for you, just forget that you have a daughter, a family, a company to look after? Just forget the last four years in four seconds and give me a chance so we can run away to the land of fairies and angels? Huh?" She rambled on in a heated tone and everyone looked at her with wide eyes. Realising the way she had just talked to her eldest brother-in-law, Somya gasped and her hands quickly went to cover her opened mouth.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry Bade Bhaiyaa! I don't know what came upon me! I guess these hormones are taking my advantage, I am so-

"No Somya." Jhanvi stopped her daughter-in-law. "Why are you apologising for the right thing?" She said and looked at Shivaay. "Shivaay, what she said was right. It may have sounded rude but it is true. What are you planning to say to Annika? Do you have a reason to give her so that she comes back to you? You know why she left but you act like you don't. You know because of whom she left but have you ever accepted that mistake? How can you still live in a bubble? Before you ask her of anything, you have to apologise first. I hope you know at least that much?" She said with her arms crossed and Shivaay gulped, nodding his head.