Chapter 54- Little Miss

Happy 2019 guys! How much fun did you have on NY's eve! Comment and share, if you want to lol; I had a great time myself, just danced a lot haha!

PS- You may be sad that it's a small chapter but I had less time in hands. Will update the next chapter very soon! (Sooner than you think!)

--

A few hours later, Annika was ready to leave the office to pick Shivi from school. After three meetings, she was suddenly feeling too exhausted. Maybe because she had hardly slept last night and had woken up way too early today, long before the sun had risen up. She had had five cups of coffee already and the caffeine hit had drowned by now. Her eyes were droopy and all she wanted was to sleep.

She was weirdly thankful that there were no more meetings today and she could go straight home after picking her daughter. She yawned with watery eyes, shook her head, picked her bag and went to the washroom to wash her face and freshen up. When she came out five minutes later, she was surprised to see Shivaay sitting on the grey couch, reading a wedding magazine.

"Shivaay." She said and he looked up with a smile. "Oh my...I totally forgot."

"It's okay, I figured you would, you are very busy after all." He said and stood up. "So I thought, I'll come here myself."

"I am really sorry." She said, shaking her head. "I don't how I-

She suddenly yawned and Shivaay chuckled.

"I see how you forgot." He said with a smile. "You are tired. Didn't sleep last night?"

"Couldn't." She said and he nodded.

"Are you sure you can drive?" He asked and she nodded.

"Yes, let's go. I'll just grab a coffee on the way." She said and they walked out after saying bye to Eva.

"Shivi is going to be so excited to see you. She doesn't even know you are here." Annika said with a chuckle as she drove towards Shivi's school.

"Really? I thought she would have forgotten me in the last months." He said frankly and Annika nodded.

"She would've. But I tried to...keep you alive in her memories." She said and he laughed.

"You talk like I am dead!" He chuckled and she glared at him angrily. "Sorry."

"Anyways." She cleared her throat and stopped the car at a nearby café. "You want anything?"

"Can I buy a chocolate milk for Shivi?" He asked and she sighed.

"No you can't." She said and he nodded sadly. "Because I have already bought it with me. Anything for you?"

"Huh." He chuckled. "An iced tea. Double sugars."

"Sure. I'll be back in a minute." She said and hurried inside the café, leaving Shivaay amused.

He looked in the small upper head mirror and straightened his black shirt and finger combed his hair before clearing his throat.

"Hi Shivi!! How are you!" He said to himself with a huge smile. "No...too excited. Hey Shivi, how have you been darling?No, too English." He shook his head. "Hi Shivi beta, kaise ho aap?Nope, too Dadi. Umm...hi Shivi baby, how are you coo coo ale ale...ugh, she's not a baby like Rumya! What's wrong with you Shivaay!"

"Shivaay?" Annika frowned as she opened the car door. "Are you...okay?"

"Huh." He stopped and looked at her with wide eyes. "Yes I...was talking to...myself."

"What?" She frowned and took her seat.

"What?" He shrugged and took his iced tea, sipping away. She frowned as she started the car and started driving again. Ten minutes later, they reached the school and got down. There were still a few minutes left for the school to get over and they leaned on the car, waiting.

"I am kind of...nervous to meet her." He said and she nodded.

"You know...when I was looking to adopt her...I used to visit her in the orphanage every day. I spent my lunch hour there and after office, I used to stay there for hours. Sometimes with Sahil, sometimes with my friends but mostly alone. I visited her every day for six months and every day, I felt nervous, thinking, what if she doesn't want to see me anymore or what if she's bored of me or what if she starts disliking me etc. But that never happened, thank God. And then...when I filed for adoption I was scared she might say no. But she said yes. That was one of the happiest days of my life." She said with happy tears in her eyes. "Shivaay, promise me."

"What?" He asked and turned to her.

"That you'll never hurt her the way you hurt...me." She said and bit her lip. "Or I will never forgive you."

"I will never hurt her. I promise." He nodded seriously and she sniffed, shaking her head.

"Is...Siddharth okay...with me back here?" He asked and she looked at him.

"I think. He doesn't hate you Shivaay...he's just too protective of me." She said and he smiled.

"I am glad he is." He said as they saw the school's doors open and a bunch of kids came walking outside.

"Shivi's wearing a red top." Annika informed him as they quickly walked to the doors. Between a swarm of kids, a young girl saw them and excitedly came running to them.

"Mumma!" Shivi ran straight into her mother's arms. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too darling!" Annika grinned and kissed the top of her daughter's head.

"Mumma, what's SSO doing here!" Shivi asked, her eyes wide and the blue in them shining as she saw Shivaay standing behind her mother.

"SSO is here to meet you." Annika said and Shivaay's heart warmed as Shivi's face looked so happy at this news.

"Really!" She said and walked up to him a little shyly, pink coating her pale cheeks. "Hi again."

"Hello. You know what, I really missed you too." He said and sat on his knees.

"I did too!" She said and hugged him. "But Mumma showed me many books which had your face!"

"She did?" He snickered and Annika stood up with a smile.

"She's talking about business magazines." Annika said and they started walking back to the car.

"You know, Mumma even put a magazine in her office." Shivi said slowly and Annika frowned.

"When did you..what are you-

"I saw it Mumma, you rolled it and put it in your bag when you went to office." Shivi giggled and Shivi looked at Annika, who was quite red in the face.

"Uh...it's-

"You know what?" Shivaay said as he opened the car's door. "It's interesting because I put a magazine in my office too, which had yourMumma's face."

"You did?" Shivi looked surprised at this unforeseen happening. "Mumma, it's a co-accident!"

Annika chuckled as she started the car.

"It's coincidence darling."