Chapter 27- Friends and Ex-family

Chapter 27

"What do you think we will have this time?" Sonakshi mumbled to her husband who was half-asleep in her lap.

"I don't know. I want a girl this time though." He whispered in a sleepy tone and his wife frowned.

"How can you say that? Hadn't we decided on another boy?" She said and Vikram sighed, ready to face another of his wife's outrageous mood swing on a topic which made no sense but had to be discussed nonetheless.

"Sweetheart, we do not have control over that, right?" He said and she smacked his forehead.

"Whatever!" She said and pushed him aside.

"Where are you going?" He murmured as she stood up.

"Going to ask Aryan and Shivi what they want!" She said and crossed her arms.

"Is this an ice-cream or a chocolate we are talking about?" He said and got up.

"What do you mean?" She said and walked out of the room.

"I mean, how you can possibly give them what they want, in this particular case?" Vikram said as he followed his wife.

"I just have to make sure they are on my side." Sonakshi said and opened the door of Aryan's room, only to find Aryan and Shivi in a middle of a pillow fight with Siddharth and Annika.

"What the hel-licopter guys!" She shouted and the four people froze.

"How many times have I told you Annika, not to play this stupid game?" Siddharth said and threw the pillow on the floor as Annika gasped.

"Wha-you! I did not start this Sona, you know me, right?" Annika said sweetly and the pillow slipped casually from her hands.

"What? What should I do with you guys! Get aside!" She shouted and went towards Aryan and Shivi.

"What is with her?" Annika mumbled.

"I think that's her baby hormones wrecking our peace." Siddharth mumbled as well.

"Aryan, Shivi darling, Mumma wants to ask you something." She said softly.

"Yes?" Aryan said.

"You know, Mumma and Dad are going to have a little baby?" She asked them and both nodded.

"So, I want to know, what do you want? A baby brother or a baby sister?" She asked sweetly.

"I want a baby sister!" Aryan shouted excitedly and Sonakshi frowned.

"Me too!" Shivi shouted as well.

"Wha-why?" Sonakshi frowned and crossed her arms.

"I want another sister like Shivi!" Aryan said sweetly and hugged Shivi.

"And I want a little sister because I have one brother! One sister will be so cute" Shivi hugged Aryan back.

"Aww you guys!" Annika cooed and hugged the kids as Sonakshi rolled her eyes.

"Fine. Whatever." She grumbled.

"Sona, meri jaan!" Vikram said sweetly. "What happened? Why are you being so diff-

"Difficult, right?" Sona pouted and Vikram chuckled.

"No, I was going to say why are you being so different today?" He asked with a smile and Sonakshi whined.

"I don't know! I just feel...irritated of everything!" Sonakshi sighed.

"Oh! Is this a mood swing happening in front of my eyes?" Annika gasped. "I am witnessing a mood swing for the first time in my life! Now I get what that hype is all about! This sounds very bad. Sonakshi, tell me what you want? I will get it for you, from anywhere, be it the gates of heaven or doors of hell!" Annika said and sat on her knees, in front of Sonakshi.