Chapter 52- Date

Shivaay stood up harshly from his seat as everyone shook each others hands. He stormed out of the room and shut the door behind him as Annika sighed and the others looked confused.

"What happened to him?" Rudra frowned and Annika looked at him.

"I'll talk to him." She said and walked outside the room and then outside the office, where he stood.

"What was that Shivaay?" She asked, crossing her hands.

"Why should I tell you? Did you tell me before you slept with your lawyer!" He almost shouted as she glared at him.

"You take that back before it becomes impossible for us to go back to where we were." She said bluntly and he looked at her.

"Sorry." He said and sighed. "I just can't wrap my head around-

"I was joking." She interrupted and he looked at her.

"What?" He asked and she walked up to him.

"I was joking about seeing Jacob. He is not my boyfriend. I met him because I needed a lawyer. Jacob works at Vikram's firm and Vikram introduced him to me so that he can look at the partnership for me." She explained and sighed. "I am sorry; I was just trying to...irritate you."

"Are you being serious?" Shivaay asked and she nodded. "You played with my feelings Annika!"

"I know...I feel terrible...I thought you would take this lightly-

"Why did you think I would take it lightly? Do you take my feelings for you to be lightly? You know how extreme they are...I can't...There was a time when I believed that Siddharth was your husband and Shivi was your daughter with him-

"What?" She said, shocked. "You thought...that...why?"

"Because it looked like it!" He said and sighed. "And that thought...it completely broke me. I realized I actually lost you forever. And then I got another chance and I thanked all the Gods and when I come back, you say that you are with someone else-

She suddenly came forward and hugged him tightly, wrapping her arms around him and burying her face in his neck. He stopped talking as he felt her cold nose touch his neck and her warm arms strongly around his back. His heart beat and a current ran through his veins as his hands snaked around her back, holding her tightly.

"Sorry." He heard her mumble and sighed.

"Me too." He said and sighed.

She stepped back and kept her hands on his shoulders as his rest on her waist. Looking in his eyes, she felt she wanted to drown in those oceanic orbs. And she realized...she was feeling this after four years and could not help but shudder at the strange yet familiar emotion.

"Are you feeling cold?" He asked as he felt her body trembling suddenly.

"Uh...no, no." She shook her head and gulped. "Not at all. Are you?"

"No." He shook his head with a smile. "Not at all."

"Are we okay?" She asked and looked at with expectant eyes.

"Yes." He nodded and smiled.

"So...what do you want to do?" She asked, looking down with a grin. "Breakfast?"

"You want to go on a date?" He asked and she looked at him with deep red cheeks.

"Uh...I didn't-

"Are you finally saying yes?" He asked and she saw the shine of hope in his eyes.

"I am not saying no." She shrugged and stepped back. "Should I get my bag?"

"Sure. I am waiting." He said with a deep, satisfied sigh as she smiled and nodded.

"Wait here." She said as she quickly ran inside the office to grab her coat and bag. Shivaay chuckled to see her excitement and almost felt like screaming in happiness and crying in joy at the same time.

Reaching her cabin, Annika immediately took out her phone and dialed her friend. Sonakshi picked up at the fourth ring and Annika could hear Aashima crying in the back.

"What's up?" Sonakshi asked as she tried to feed her daughter some mashed bananas.

"Sorry to disturb you. I am going on a date with Shivaay, bye!" Annika quickly said and cut the call before she could hear Sonakshi gasp in surprise.

She took her bag and opened her hair before walking out again, with a little skip in her stance. Her heart beat loudly as she saw him waiting for her at the gate, looking dapper in his three-piece suit and a long, grey overcoat which somehow complimented his eyes beautifully.

"So, where are we going?" He asked with a smile. "M'lady?"

"Uh...breakfast?" She said and he nodded as a car stopped in front of them.

"After you." He said and opened the door for her. She sat inside with a chuckle and he quickly took his place beside her. "I'll text Rudy that we are leaving."

"And I'll text Eva that I'm taking the morning off." Annika said and they both took out their phones to message their brother and PA respectively.

Twenty minutes later, the car stopped in front of a building called Glazeand they got down. A young man, dressed nicely in a suit, walked over to them as they entered the restaurant.

"Welcome Ma'am." He said excitedly and Annika nodded with a smile.

"I am-

"I know who you are! Your table is ready!" He said enthusiastically and Annika chuckled as another man, an older one, walked to them.

"Sorry for his behavior Ma'am, he's the new assistant manager here and get's...excited around the VIPs." The man, who seemed to be the manager of the restaurant, said and shook Annika's hand. "Nice to see you again."

"Nice to see you too Mr Addington." Annika nodded. "This is Mr Shivaay Singh Oberoi, a friend of mine."

"Hello Sir." Mr Addington greeted Shivaay warmly and gestured them to follow him.

Shivaay smiled to himself as, for a change, he was not the VIP but Annika was. He felt a pride in his chest for her and happily walked behind her as she walked with a poise and grace he had only seen in businesswomen. After taking the elevator, they stepped down at the fifteenth floor and were shown a table with a beautiful view of London on the terrace.

"Thank you." Annika smiled as the assistant manager pulled the chair for her.

"Your server will be here in a minute." Mr Addington said and left them alone.

"This is just...stunning." Shivaay said as he looked at her with a soft smile. Her face went pink, maybe because of his indirect comment or maybe because of the little chill in the April morning, but whatever it was, it made him fall in love with her a little bit more.

"I know." She said with a chuckle.

"So you...made a reservation so quickly?" He asked and she looked at him. "Or did you already know that we would be...going on a date?"

"I didn't know, really. I texted Rosie when we were in the car...she's my friend and this restaurant's owner. She reserved the seats for us." Annika said truthfully and Shivaay nodded as a server walked up to them.

"What would you like to have?" He said as he handed them menus. "I'll be back in five minutes."

"An espresso for me." Shivaay said and the server nodded.

"Same for me." Annika nodded. "Uh...why is the restaurant so...empty today?"

"It's been booked by Madam Rosie for you." He said and Annika gasped.

"What? The whole place?" She asked surprised and he nodded before leaving them.

"That's a good friend." Shivaay said as he sipped some water. "Did you tell her you were going on a date?"

"Uh...no...yes." She said and chuckled as Shivaay laughed.

"That's cute." He said and they buried their faces in the menus to hide their joyful expressions.