Chapter 58- What is happening?

Two chapters in two days? I am on a rolllllll.

---

"What the fu-

"I am so sorry, I didn't realize until after-

"How could you do this Sid? Shivaay is here-

"I know! I am sorry, but relax, okay, it's not as if he knows about Aditya, right?" Siddharth asked as Annika looked as if ready to cry. "Annika?"

"I told him-

"What?! Why...why...why would you?" He asked, shaking his head in confusion as she looked away.

"I wanted to be honest-

"Wow, that's great. Now enjoy-

"What do you mean enjoy? This is happening because of you! Because your...stupid...reunion party had to happen!" She groaned as he laughed sarcastically.

"Right. You were the one who wanted to go with me, you were the one who left with him, you were the one who slept with him, not me!" He said and she stomped her foot.

"Stop it now. What am I going to do?" She said and he took a deep breath.

"Chill. I will call him and tell him you aren't free-

"No, don't do that. That'll be bad for my reputation." Annika shook her head and he groaned. "I don't understand, why does he want me, out of all the organisers in the city, to organise his party? Oh my God, does he want to start anything, what will-

"No, I don't think so. If that was the case, he would have called you directly." Siddharth said and scratched his head. "He sounded genuine and you are the best in your industry."

"That I am, but...fine...I will meet him tomorrow. What else can I do?" Annika sighed and bit her lip. "But tell him to meet me at that cafe, not at the office. Shivaay can come there and I don't want to-

"Yes. I'll text him right now." Siddharth said and quickly typed a message on his phone as Annika fumbled on her feet.

"Is it done?" She asked twenty seconds later and her friend nodded.

"Your meeting is at twelve pm, before your lunch time so that Shivaay won't know about it." Siddharth informed as she nodded. "Listen, I know I told him you will do it but you are not obliged to do it, okay? Your reputation won't vanish if you say no to one project. Just tell him you are booked; I am sure he will understand."

"Yes I know. I'll tell him that." Annika nodded and smiled.

--

"Bhaiya, are you okay?" Soumya asked hesitantly as they reached their suite.

"Yes, I am ok, why do you ask suddenly?" Shivaay asked with a frown as his sister-in-law looked at her husband. "What happened?"

"Huh...actually...nothing-

"Please don't lie to me Rudra, you know you are incapable of doing that, right? Now tell me." Shivaay said as they entered.

"Bhaiya." Soumya started as they walked in. "Actually, Rudra heard...you and Annika Di talking."

"Okay?" Shivaay frowned and gestured Soumya to continue.

"He...heard about...some Aditya?" She said and Shivaay looked at Rudra, who immediately took his daughter in his hands as a shield.

"I was not eavesdropping Bhaiya." Rudra said hurriedly. "I was going to the washroom and accidentally...heard about Annika Di's...rendezvous with...Aditya."

"Using the word wrong Rudra." Soumya said and Rudra nodded.

"Annika Di's...adventure?" He said and his wife rolled her eyes.

"Guys. I am okay." Shivaay said and sat down. "Yes I was shocked when she told me about...it but-

"You were disappointed?" Rudra asked and his brother shook his head.

"No. I was just very, very surprised. It was unexpected and I was...I didn't think she would...but she did and, weirdly, I am not angry, as I thought I would be." Shivaay said with a shrug. "It's her life, her body, her decision, who am I to question anything? I mean, I was not a virgin when I met her for God's sake, who am I to expect that from her?"

"Bhaiya." Rudra said with a smile. "I am proud of you."

"What? You really thought I would be upset with her for-

"Yes." Rudra nodded before stopping. "No, not at all, I am not that stupid. Let's go Sumo!"

Shivaay chuckled as Rudra pulled his wife and baby daughter into their suite.

--

"Oh shoot, I am going to puke." Annika mumbled to herself as she looked at the clock which read 11:56.

She gulped and took a large sip of water as the cafe's door opened and walked in the man she hadn't seen in years.

"Aditya." His name slipped from her mouth as his searching eyes found her and he smiled, unbuttoning his coat.

"Annika!" He said with a grin and she got up. "How are you?"

"I am...absolutely great." She said and he nodded. "How are you?"

"I am good." He nodded again and they sat down. "It's so great to see you after...such a long time."

"Same." She said and gestured at the waiter. "Can I have a cappuccino, please? Aditya?"

"I am good." He said and sighed as the waiter left to get Annika's beverage.

"So, how have you been?" She asked and he shrugged.

"I have been great, I just came back from Italy last month." He said and she nodded.

"Yeah, Sid told me you were building...something there." She said and he chuckled.

"Yes, I am an architect so I am always building something." He laughed and then gulped before looking at her seriously. "Listen, I am so sorry for...showing up like this after so many years and after whatever happened."

"It's okay." She said and took a relieving breath. "We agreed whatever happened was a drunk thing so it's...all good."

"I am glad. Can I ask you for a favor now?" He asked sheepishly and she chuckled.

"Sure." She nodded and he smiled.

"I want you to organize a secret event." He told her and she frowned.

"Secret event? What exactly is this secret event?" She asked and he looked excited.

"Promise me, you will not tell anyone about this, not even Siddharth or Vikram." Aditya said and she chuckled.

"I will not, I swear." She said and he nodded.

"Okay. It's a proposal. I am going to propose my girlfriend."