Chapter 67- Family Talks

Shivaay dropped Annika at Vikram's place so she could pick Shivi after their emotion laded talk and he picked his brother's family before leaving for their hotel. He could feel Rudra shifting in his back seat as his daughter slept in the car seat and could sense Soumya's worried gaze from beside him.

"What is it?" He asked in a calm tone and heard Rudra's loud sigh.

"I am so sorry Bhaiya...all this happened just because I was drunk...and I got confused-

"Rudy, it's fine. It's all okay now." He said genuinely and Soumya shook her head.

"Sorry Bhaiya, Rudra shouldn't have-

"Soumya, it's really okay." Shivaay interrupted his sister-in-law with a soft smile and chuckled. "Annika and I had a long, much needed talk."

"You guys didn't break up?" Rudra gasped. "Oh thank God!"

"No, we did not break up." Shivaay chuckled. "We are much...closer now. Emotionally."

"I cannot be more happy in my life. As of now." Rudra said and Shivaay frowned.

"As of now? What does that mean?" He asked and saw Rudra shrug.

"I mean, obviously I'll be more happier in other upcoming occasions in my life. Like...if Rumi sleeps on time or she speaks her first word which is definitely going to be-

"Not dumbbell." Soumya completed his sentence in her own way and Rudra scowled before shaking his head.

"Or if...Sumo gives me the good news again-

"Can you stop it, you aren't going to hear another good news for at least five years, I'll make sure." Soumya said, her face quite pink due to the presence of her eldest brother-in-law as she glared at her over-excited husband.

"Wow, that makes me very happy." Shivaay said. "Anyways...I have to ask you guys something. Like...advice."

"My advice? Omg, Sumo, can you please write today's date in your phone!" Rudra said excitedly as Soumya shook her head with a laugh.

"What kind of advice?" Soumya asked and Shivaay sighed.

"Parenting." He said and Oberoi couple frowned a bit. "I mean, how should I approach Shivi? So that she...sees me as a father figure...instead of her mother's boyfriend or her friend? When you guys were at the club, I tried to bond with her, I tried to tell her about us all but she...didn't seem very interested. So how should I...how will I know what will interest her or what she likes so that I can move further with it."

"Well, I-

"See, I know being a biological parent is different than being a-

"Bhaiya, first of all, stop seeing this relationship as a business deal." Soumya said and sighed. "Did you hear what you just said? Approach, interest, move forward, I don't think these are the best words to use when you are thinking about improving an important, personal relationship. With a five year old kid especially."

"See Bhaiya, as you said, being a biological parent is different than being a adoptive parent. We just know what Rumi wants at five in the morning, we just know if her cry is a hungry cry or a stomach-is-hurting cry because...I don't know, we just know. Maybe it is because we have a mental connection or maybe it's just a parent thing. And I think it's different when it's with a kid you have had no...connection with since her birth. So I believe the best person to ask for advice in this matter is Annika Di, not us." Rudra said and Soumya nodded.

"Yes Bhaiya, you should talk to her. She must have gone through the same thinking process when she was adjusting her life to Shivi. She will definitely help you." Soumya agreed.

"I guess you are right." Shivaay said and Rudra groaned.

"The one time you wanted my advice and I just can't give it!" He said but smiled a second later. "You know what, I'll give you great advice on fitness and stuffed paratha recipes. Ask me anytime."

"Thanks." Shivaay chuckled as he made a mental note about discussing this with Annika.

--

"You should have punched him." SIddharth said as Annika sighed. "How could he think that you would make out with some other guy while-

"Why are you so obsessed with punching him? I did not raise you to be so violent." Vikram shook his head and his brother stared at him.

"Bhai, I am not a violent person. It's just that when I see him, I get riled up." He said and took a large bite of his fried rice.

"Okay guys, please stop hating on him. He got confused because Rudra got confused and Rudra was drunk, so I can't do anything about that." Annika said and Sonakshi sat beside her.

"Blah blah blah. Tell me what's happening now? Are you guys breaking up or moving forward?" She asked and Annika laughed.

"We are not breaking up." Annika said and Siddharth groaned.

"Damn it." He said and Vikram hit him. "Ow, what? I just don't like him. I really think Aditya was better for you."

"Oh yeah, the guy who slept with me and then didn't contact me until five years later so that he could get my help to propose to another woman." Annika nodded and smiled sarcastically.

"You guys decided, mutually, to not contact each other. And you happily agreed to help organise his proposal so-

"Oh look at you taking his side, you guys are all the same-

"Why are you comparing me to him, I am nothing-

"Just look at you keep blabbering about-

"I am not blabbering, I am stating facts-

"Your facts are dumb because you are dumb-

"Oh my God, I am one of the finest lawyers in this-

"Oh right, but do you know how to cook an egg-

"What is this? Kitchen politics-

"Shut it!" Vikram shouted and the bickering friends quit talking. "I will literally go deaf if you guys keep shouting at this rate. Now, it's very late. You both should go to your homes and let us all sleep."

"Good night. Lock the door behind you." Sonakshi nodded and stood up holding her husband's arm. "Let's go babe."

The couple got up and went up the stairs to their bedroom as the two adults stared at each other.

"This is not over." Annika said and walked to Aryan's room to pick Shivi.

"Oh I know this is not-

"Guys." Sonakshi screamed from her bedroom. "If I hear another word, from either of you, I am changing all the locks of this goddamn house!"