Chapter 17- A News, a Misunderstanding and a Truth

Chapter 17

"You did what?" Vikram almost yelled and Annika closed her eyes tightly, praying to her God. Sonakshi glared at her too and Annika gulped, trying to look away.

"I cannot believe this!" Vikram said, scratching his forehead. "Friends with your ex?"

"Isn't that possible?" Annika murmured and Vikram huffed.

"It is possible with few people but not when there are so many hidden feelings involved! Annika, what do you think you are doing?" Vikram shook his head and Annika sighed.

"I don't know, okay? I don't know why I said yes! And before I knew it, I am telling him everything which happened with me in the last few years! I am so pissed at myself!" She sighed and Sonakshi rolled her eyes.

"I hope you know what this may mean! This means that he is going to become a part, even though small, but nonetheless a part of your life, right? How are you going manage that?" Sonakshi said and Annika shook her head.

"I don't know!" She mumbled and sat down with a huff.

"Ok, when are you going to tell Sid?" Vikram asked with crossed arms and Annika quickly looked up at him, frowning.

"Why do I have to tell Sid now?" She replied and Sonakshi sighed.

"Annika, it's getting late. Tell him now before he comes to know it himself. You know how he gets when he gets angry!" She said and Annika closed her eyes, breathing slowly.

"I know." She nodded. "But I don't know how to tell him! What will I say to him?"

"Just tell him simply and slowly and he will understand. He should know, okay?" Vikram said and left the room to Aryan and Shivi in the garden, where they were playing with Siddharth, and Annika and Sonakshi followed him.

"I don't know what will I say? What if he gets very upset with me? What if he goes to Shivaay and punches him or something? Oh Sona, I don't know what to do!" She cried but there was no response. She looked up to see Sonakshi deep in a thought, her eyebrows scrunched in a frown, her eyes depicting tension, walking mindlessly.

"Sona?" She called but Sonakshi didn't seem to hear her.

"Sona!"She almost shouted and Sonakshi looked up quickly.

"What? What happened?" She hurriedly said, looking here and there and Annika narrowed her eyes.

"What happened? Where are you lost?" She asked and Sonakshi shook her head.

"No..noth..nothing! You say? What were you saying?" She said and Annika stopped.

"What happened Sona?" She asked with crossed arms and Sonakshi shook her head again.

"Nothing! I was just thinking-

"Stop right there. Don't lie to me, okay?" Annika said. "Come."

They walked towards the entrance of the garden and took a seat on a bench. They could see Aryan and Shivi playing with Siddharth and Vikram with other kids and smiled. Annika looked at Sonakshi again, at her thoughtful face.

"Sona. Tell." She said and Sonakshi sighed.

"Umm...actually...I-it's nothing! Forget it!" Sonakshi said again and Annika closed her eyes and counted to ten, to control her frustration.

"Sonakshi Vikram Jaisingh! Are you telling me or should I ask your husband what's wrong?" She said and got up, ready to walk to Vikram when Sonakshi held her hand swiftly.