Chapter 12- Facing the Music

Chapter 12

Annika waited for her friends to come down for the moral support they'd promised and she was still expecting them to be late, as Sid had went back to his room to change, so that Sofia cannot recognize the handsome me and try to seduce me again, all the while throwing tantrums like this shirt doesn't match my shoes, this tie hurts my slender neck or these shoes are too tight etc but what she wasn't expecting was her precious daughter, trotting towards her in a tiny dress which was identical to hers, and Annika couldn't help but see only her in the crowd and utter a big Oh my God to herself and her hands automatically moved to cover her gasp. Laugh bubbling in her chest, she giggled softly before crouching on her knees and Shivi landed in her arms, hugging her tightly.

"Oh my!" Annika exclaimed, keeping her daughter at an arm's distance to see her from head to toe. Shivi was blushing softly, unable to stand straight in excitement.

"Shurprise!" Her daughter giggled, holding her dress.

"My God, you look like a princess!" She said and her girl smiled.

"You look like a queen Mumma!" She said and blew her mother a flying-kiss, which her mother caught quickly.

"Well well, such a dramatic reunion of mother and daughter. And to say, you just saw each other an hour ago!" Siddharth said, coming behind Shivi.

Annika smiled and got up. Holding Shivi's hand, she pointed at her daughter and raised her eyebrows in question.

"Sona got her ready but I will take the credit of this idea. I bought her this dress." He said proudly and Annika smiled. "You looked quite tensed today, so I thought, let's jazz this day for you a little bit! Did you like it?" He asked and Annika, pursing her lips to hide her huge grin, just nodded and hugged him tightly with tears in her eyes.

"Excuse me! You are not allowed to cry with a hundred pound mascara on your eyelashes! I highly doubt its waterproof." She heard Vikram's grumble and broke the hug.

"I am sorry; I am just being stupidly emotional." She replied, wiping her tears while Sona walked from behind her husband with their son and Shivi got busy in playing with her brother in less than five seconds.

"Stupidly emotional? Are you on your perio-ow!" Sona hit Siddharth on his stomach before he could finish his sentence.

"You never ask a woman that question! What kind of a Casanova are you?" She asked, crossing her arms and Vikram slid his arm around his wife's waist.

"The dumb kind!" He said and everyone laughed, excluding the Casanova of course.

Shivaay Singh Oberoi had had many medicines in his lifetime to avoid any kind of flu or disease. He knew, for every illness, there was a medicine, and he had had it. But the sickness he was feeling at the moment was a first and it had no medicine. His head hurt, his eyes burnt, his chest pained, his legs quivered, his arms trembled, his stomach sunk and he felt like puking.

She has a child. With someone else.

A daughter. She has a daughter.

A family. She has a family.

His heart thudded painfully in his chest as his brothers held him from behind. No one said a word as they all saw Annika laughing and smiling with the people she was surrounded by, her daughter giggling whilst she played with a little boy who must be her cousin or worse, her younger brother?

He couldn't stand and his brothers helped him sit down. His family surrounded him as everyone tried to absorb all the information they'd received in the last ten minutes.