Chapter 21- Goodbye. Once Again.

Chapter 21

As Annika celebrated with her family, Shivaay quietly got up from his seat, leaving his cup of coffee half drunk and walked away.

Entering into his room, he didn't register the presence of his younger brother and his pregnant wife, who was half lying on the bed while Rudra massaged her soles with some herbal oil. It took Soumya one look at Shivaay to know that something was bothering him. She nudged Rudra, who had all his focus on his wife, and he looked at her, frowning. She pointed behind him, where Shivaay had slowly sat on the sofa.

"Bhaiyaa, what happened?" Soumya asked in a concerned tone and Shivaay looked up to see the tensed faces of his brother and sister-in-law.

"I...I don't know...I can't understand...- He spoke in muffled tones, the words just tumbling out of his mouth and Rudra and Soumya frowned, not quite understanding.

"Here is the oil you wanted Somu!" Gauri entered the room, with a small fancy looking bottle of oil in her hands.

"And we also have tons of other aromas, just in case!" Omkara said, walking behind his wife, with a medium sized bag filled with at least twenty bottles of oil, just in case his sister had a craving to smell vanilla, lavender or sandalwood in the middle of the night. Tej and Jhanvi were behind them, with bags filled with English pastries which Soumya was supposedly craving. Actually, they all wanted to enjoy the delicacies and were only using Soumya's cravings as an excuse so that Rudra doesn't stop them from eating the fatty foods.

They stopped their chatter when Soumya put a finger on her lips and pointed at a dishevelled Shivaay, who sat on the sofa, looking into oblivion.

"Bade Bhaiyaa!" Gauri gasped, seriously anxious for her brother-in-law after looking at his pale face. "What happened?" She said and went to sit on the coffee table, in front of him.

"I don't understand...what is happening? What should...what should I do? Should I even...do something? I cannot understand anything Gauri! What is happening?" He said as everyone frowned, not understanding him and his questions.

"What has happened Shivaay? Please, tell clearly?" Om said and sat beside him, taking his hand in his.

"I...I went downstairs...to attend to an important call...and Annika and her...family was there. A woman...was there...sitting with them. And I came to know...that Shivi...Shivi is Annika's...adopted daughter! Annika has adopted her, she is not her real...real daughter. They have...have-

"Adopted her?" Tej finished and Shivaay nodded.

"What should I do?" He said and Jhanvi closed her eyes, shaking her head.

"What should you do? Shivaay! You should not do anything! I know this is surprising but it doesn't matter if Shivi is adopted or not, what matters is that she is Annika's daughter with Siddharth. This fact doesn't change anything!" She said in straightforward manner and Om nodded, agreeing with her.

"Yes Shivaay, Mom is right. You-

"But shouldn't I do somethi-

"No Bhaiyaa!" Rudra said in a loud voice. "Please for God's sake, don't do anything! Why do you feel the need to do anything? It does not matter if she doesn't have a real child with that Siddharth. What matters is that she has a child with him! Can't you accept the fact that she has moved on?"

"I have, I had. But now, she is-

"She is what Shivaay? What?" Tej said with a stern look. "Not a biological mother of someone else's child? Do you think that changes anything? Didn't you hear what Jhanvi and Rudra said? It doesn't matter if Shivi is adopted or not, what matters is that she is Annika and Siddharth's daughter. Annika is still a mother, still someone's partner. Please Shivaay, why are you doing this to yourself!"