Chapter 55- Duty!

"What do you think they must be doing?" Vikram asked his wife as he rocked their baby daughter to sleep and Sonakshi sipped on some coffee.

"Do you think they are bang-

"Sona." He looked at her with a what are you saying expression and she shrugged.

"What? How do you know they are not? I mean, she's been single for the past five years! How did she manage! I don't think I can live five dayswithout sex." She shook her head and he chuckled.

"I'll take that as a compliment." He said and sat down after placing an almost asleep Aashima in the crib.

"You should." She said with a grin and got up slowly, putting the coffee mug on the table. "Thinking of that, Aryan is in school...and Aashi is asleep...we are alone...would you like to-

"I accept that invitation." He said with a sexy smile and she jumped a little in excitement, wrapping her arms and legs around her husband and meeting his lips the next second. They had hardly reached the door to their bedroom when the doorbell rang loudly, making them groan.

"Damn it." She grumbled, shaking her head and sighing loudly.

"Comes with living like a joint family." Vikram chuckled. "You open that...I am going to take a cold shower."

"I wish I could join!" She said loudly as she ran to the door.

Shivi stood excitedly outside the door, with Shivaay behind her. As soon as Annika reached them after parking the car, Sonakshi opened the door with a deep groan.

"Did you...just have a...pillow fight?" Annika frowned, looking at her friend's disheveled condition. Hair splayed, clothes tousled and face red. Sonakshi opened her mouth to retort back when she just registered Shivaay standing their awkwardly.

"Uh." She shook her head, combing her hair quickly and straightening her clothes. "No...I was just...anyways, come in."

Shivi ran inside, pulling Shivaay with her and Annika looked at her friend again.

"Are you seriously okay?" Annika asked and Sonakshi pulled her in.

"You just...interrupted...sexy times*." Sonakshi replied softly and Annika looked confused.

"What are you...oh my God!" Her eyes widened as she realized what her friend meant. "Vikram's home?"

"Of course he's home, he took the day off." Sonakshi sighed and Annika suddenly felt bad for interrupting her friends'...alone time.

"I am so sor-

"Hey, I am not upset at you." Sonakshi chuckled. "It's just that, after Aashi's birth, we've been so busy, we have hardly spent any alone time and you know I need alone time. With him." Sonakshi said, as she saw Shivi talking excitedly to Shivaay. "And it's not just about sex...I feel I need time to feel like his wife again and not only his lover, you know? Lately we've been only talking about the kids, work and nothing about...us."

"I understand." Annika nodded. And she did understand. Many years ago, she had been a wife who was everything other than a wife. She was a daughter-in-law, a sister-in-law, she had responsibilities and duties and although she did not hate that, she hoped to feel like her husband's wife as well. She had longed for that mental intimacy but never got it.

"Anyways, what's with the surprise?" Sonakshi asked, poking her elbow in Annika's waist and indicating at Shivaay.

"Shivi was very excited for Aryan to meet him." Annika chuckled. "Is he back from school yet?"

As if on cue, they heard Aryan's school bus outside and Sonakshi quickly walked to the door to open it for her son. He ran straight into his mother's arms and she laughed as he started kissing her face.

"Aryan!" Shivi shouted excitedly. "Look who's here!"

Sonakshi put Aryan down as Shivi pulled him to meet her new friend, who looked as excited to meet the little boy.

"I have an idea." Annika said after she and Sonakshi went to the kitchen to get water.

"What?" Sonakshi asked and Annika pursed her lips.

"I am taking the kids, all of them, to my place. I'll call Sid as well and Rudra and Soumya and Rumya and you guys can have allthe alone time you need." Annika explained with a huge grin and her friend looked at her with surprise.

"You'll do that? Really?" She said with wide eyed surprise before shaking her head. "No, no, I can't ask you to do that!"

"Why not? And it's my duty as a friend to keep my friends happy. It's decided." Annika said and went to the living room. "Aryan, would you like to spend the rest of the day at our place? With all of us?"

"Yes!" Aryan nodded excitedly and Annika looked at Sonakshi with a smirk.

"I'll get your daughter." She said and walked to Aashima's nursery with Sonakshi behind her.

"Anni-

"Shh, I know her schedule." Annika said and gave Sonakshi the baby's diaper bag and car seat. "And please don't worry. Soumya would help me, she's a new mom too."

"Anni-

"You can thank me later." She smiled as she took the sleeping baby in her arms and walked out with her friend following her.

"Shivaay." Annika said and Shivaay nodded as he took the kids outside to her car and they ran in excitement.

"Thank you." Sonakshi smiled and Annika could see her excitement to spend some time alone with her husband.

"Anytime. Really, anytime." She said as she walked to the car and Shivaay took Aashima in his arms. The kids sat back with him and Annika, taking the diaper bag and car seat from Sonakshi, started the car as Shivaay fastened the baby girl in the car seat, before waving bye to her friend.

Sonakshi went back inside after locking the door and ran to her room. She sighed in relief as she heard the shower still running in their bathroom. Undressing herself as fast as possible, without caring that her clothes were landing anywhere, she quickly opened the bathroom door to join her handsome husband.

--

"I want ice cream!" Aryan and Shivi shouted simultaneously, making Rumya and Aashima laugh loudly and Annika groan.

"No ice cream before dinner." Shivaay shook his head as he and Annika chopped some vegetables.

"Ice cream!" Shivi cried dramatically. "Rumi and Aashi want it too!"

"Rumi and Aashi do not eat ice cream because they are good girls." Annika said and Shivi pouted. "And if you are a good girl, you will get ice cream after dinner."

"Anni Maa, can I have chili ice cream after dinner?" Aryan asked with hope and Shivaay chuckled.

"Did someone say chili ice cream?" Rudra gasped as he walked in Annika's place with Soumya behind him. "I would love some-

"No chili ice cream for you Rudra, do you remember it messed up your stomach the last time?" Soumya said, shaking her head.

"It only happened five times." Rudra grumbled, shaking his head and making Annika laugh to herself.

"Anyways, who wants pizza!" Soumya said excitedly, showing three boxes of pizzas with enthusiasm.

"Me!" The kids shouted, including Rudra and Shivaay. Annika frowned and looked at him, gesturing at the vegetables they were chopping.

"If you knew they were getting pizza, why did we cut all this?" She shook her head in despair, putting the knife down with a thud.

"Huh." Shivaay shrugged and smiled sheepishly. "I forgot?"

--

*sexy times- Borrowed from B99 ;)