Chapter 38- Hi or Bye?

It had been three days since Shivaay had left Jashn officially and Eva had transferred an amount as his salary for the few weeks he had worked there. He had no contact with Annika, not even when the preparations of Rudra-Soumya's baby shower and Om-Gauri's reception party were going on full swing. It was scheduled for the next week, that was, four days later.

He had felt quite dull and down in the last three days but when he had seen the excitement and joy in his brothers and sisters-in-law's eyes for the upcoming celebrations, he couldn't help but feel happy for them and tried his best to show it on his face, in his expressions. Why should they feel bad with him? It was their day to celebrate and they deserved to be happy.

When his mother had objected to the parties by saying how could his beloved brothers and sisters-in-law celebrate when he himself was so unhappy, Shivaay had felt a surge of frustration and anger towards Pinky Oberoi. He had controlled his anger and simply told her that Soumya and Rudra were parents to be, Om and Gauri were newly weds and she could not do anything to dampen their excitement, it was simply not possible or fair to let them or make them feel guilty for celebrating something they deserve and love, theirlove.

And thus when Soumya and Gauri, along with Jhanvi had asked him for his various opinions on dresses and themes and food, he helped them wholeheartedly. He knew they were trying to distract him and he let them help him, let himself feel the concern and love they had for their Bhaiya.

"Okay, how about a red dress?" Soumya wondered as Gauri scrolled down the laptop screen for outfit options.

"I think it'll look great on you. Your bump will look damn sexy in it babe." Rudra nodded with a smirk, eyes buried in his phone as Gauri gasped and Soumya's face went pink.

"Rudra!" Soumya exclaimed and her husband looked up, only to find his elder family members surrounding them, chuckling and laughing softly.

"When did...you all...come here." He laughed nervously and scratched his head as Soumya rolled her eyes.

"Five minutes ago." Tej nodded, trying not to laugh at his son's nervous expressions.

"I am sorry." He said and Kalyaani Devi looked at him.

"I think it was cute." She said and he frowned. "It shows how much you love Soumya even with a bump. And to say you were all about appearances just a few years ago."

"That I was." He nodded and looked at his pretty wife smiling at him. "Because I was Mr Dumbbell Oberoi, which I still am but a little less."

"Wow!" Gauri suddenly exclaimed and everyone looked at her. "I finally found a dress!"

--

"So everything is fixed?" Annika asked her assistants and they all nodded as their two-hour long meeting came to an end. "Great. Noah, just call all the caterers and confirm the dates once again today. I don't want a mishap like last year."

"Yeah, sure." Noah nodded as everyone dispersed.

"Eva, I am going to pick Shivi." Annika informed Eva and left the office. Fifteen minutes later, she was welcoming her daughter in her eager arms.

"Mumma!" Shivi sounded too excited to see her mother.

"Hey darling, how was your day today?" Annika asked as they walked to the car.

"It was good; Miss Rosie gave me a star for doing my homework!" She said happily and Annika smiled.

"Well, that's very, very good!" She said and helped her daughter sit in the car.