Chapter 20- Shock Amidst Celebration

Chapter 20

"Oh God, I am so nervous!" Sonakshi said, breathing heavily and Annika chuckled, handing her a nude lipgloss as they got ready to meet Mrs Taylor in fifteen minutes.

"Why are you nervous? It should be me, right?" She smiled as she put on her watch with her own slightly shaking hands.

"Blame my hormones. Pregnancy does that to you!" Sonakshi replied and applied the lipgloss quickly, wiping her invisible sweat and fanning herself with her hands in a dramatic way.

"Are you guys ready?" Vikram knocked the door and Sonakshi replied two minutes and quickly fixed Aryan's hair and Shivi brought her shoes to Annika, who bent down and quickly put the shoes on her, ran her fingers in her hair and buttoned up her woollen beige sweater while Shivi jumped in excitement.

"Mumma, let's go!" She shouted and Annika sighed.

"Baccha, let me dress you properly, do you want shame-shame?"Annika said and Shivi stopped jumping, shaking her head and keeping a finger on her lips.

"Come on guys!" Siddharth banged on the door impatiently and whined like a kid. "We are not going to a fashion show, come out already!"

"God! Coming!" Sonakshi said in an irritated tone and opened the door and Siddharth fled after seeing his bhabhi's sudden glare at him, thanks to her hormones which made her irritated at the drop of a hat.

"Oh babe, you look gorgeous!" Vikram said, admiring his pretty wife in the blue, polka-dotted flowy dress and pecked her lips as she blushed, giggling like a teenage girl and Annika laughed looking at the PDA.

"And how do I look?" She asked and twirled around, showing off her black jumpsuit and black heels.

"Ya, fine. Let's go!" Vikram said and looked away and Annika huffed, giving him a few silent curse words.

"You nice Anni Maa!" Aryan said softly, with a thumbs up and Annika awwed, pinching his cheeks.

They reached the lounge area and after talking to the Manager to make sure no one disturb them and to get Mrs Taylor to them when she reaches, sat down and ordered a few things. Shivi and Aryan played with each while their adults sat. Vikram opened the file of all the legal papers related to the adoption, which he and Annika had got from her apartment a few hours ago, and he and Siddharth sat discussing all the probable questions.

Annika sat with her heart beating fast, fixing her hair every minute and asking Sonakshi whether she looked fine or not, while sipping on her third cup of Americano.

"Anni, you look great, stop asking me every minute!" She said irritatedly and Annika pouted.

"I am sorry sweety, these damn hormones are getting the better of me, sorry!" Sonakshi immediately said and Annika smiled, linking her arm thorough her friend's arm.

"It's okay baba, I am not upset. I understand!" Annika said with a smile.

"I don't know why I am getting annoyed so much! I thought it'll be the same as it was during Aryan. You know, when I was expecting Aryan, I laughed a lot! I laughed so much that Vikram thought I was going insane!" She chuckled and Vikram did as well. "You know one time we were having some soup and the spoon fell down from Vikram's hands and I, the weirdo I am, laughed so much that the soup came out from my nose!"

"Eeww!" Annika said and they laughed while Sonakshi blushed with an embarrassed face, chuckling herself.

"Madam." The Manager came after twenty minutes and everyone stooped their talks and looked at him. "Your guest is here." He said and Annika nodded. A minute later, Mrs Taylor came, smiling a sweet smile and everyone got up to greet her. Shivi stood shyly behind Annika as Annika ushered her to greet Mrs Taylor.