Chapter 14- Secrets of the Heart

Chapter 14

"What was that Mom?" Shivaay said, when they gathered back in Shakti's room, with gritted teeth, glaring at his mother with bloodshot eyes as she looked at him.

"What Shivaay?" Pinky asked, gulping a little, as the others looked at her.

"Why did you talk to Annika like that?" He asked in a heated tone and Pinky huffed.

"You can see how I talked to her? Didn't you see how she talked to me?" She raised her voice and Jhanvi sighed in frustration.

"You started it Pinky!" She said and Pinky shrugged.

"What wrong did I say? I was just giving her some parenting tips, that's all!"

"I don't think you are qualified to do that!" Rudra mumbled and Pinky gasped.

"What did you say?" She asked angrily and looked at Rudra.

"I said, I don't think you are qualified to do that!" He shouted and Tej stopped him.

"Rudra, don't raise your voice on elders!" He said and Pinky laughed.

"Wah Jethji, now you are telling him to not raise his voice on me? Why was your mouth shut when that Annika was saying all those things to me?" She asked with crossed arms and Tej smiled.

"Because what she said was the truth. And I don't have the right to tell her what to do, she is her own master, not our Bahu anymore, Pinkyji!" He said and Jhanvi nodded.

"Yes. That was not our Bahu speaking Pinky, that was a mother speaking for her child. And I thought, you would understand that." She chuckled and Pinky clenched her teeth, looking away.

"How could you Mom?" Shivaay asked again. "How could you tell her how she should raise her child? How could you tell her what she was doing was wrong or right? Who are you to tell her what manners should she imbibe in her daughter? How? I cannot believe it. Because of you, she's all pissed now. Why do you like to hurt her so much?"

"I was not hurting her Shivaay! I was just telling her-

"Please Mom, you don't have any right to give her tips or whatever! She is fine by herself!" He said exasperatedly and Pinky walked towards him.

"You think I am trying to hurt her? That is not true! What is true is that she is hurting you! Can't you see that? She is giving you so much pain and-

"She has all the damn right to do that to me! She has the damn right to take my life Mom!" He shouted and Pinky gasped while the others just stood there, shaking their heads in despair.

"I ruined her Mom! She has every right to hurt me. Every damn right to punish me. You know what she said to me after I said sorry?" He said with anguish, looking at all his family members. "She said, I forgive you Shivaay! I really forgive you from the bottom of my heart. I don't have any hard feelings for you. She said that! And she meant that! I could see it in her eyes. And then she started talking about Shivi and Siddharth and she just looked so happy and-" he couldn't even complete his sentence and tears started rolling from his eyes. "What have I done? Why did I do what I did? I am such an idiot!" He cried and just sat there, ignoring the questions of his brothers and sisters-in-law and no one said a word. A minute later, he stood up and just left the room.

He stumbled in his room, dizzy from all the alcohol he had consumed half an hour ago and tired from his outburst and locked the door behind him. Taking small steps inside, he walked slowly and steadily so as not to fall on his face, and almost tripped after seven steps. Thanks to the coffee table, he helped himself up, wiping his eyes. As soon as he rubbed his eyes, the disturbing images were suddenly back, with Annika and Siddharth kissing, tearing each other's cloth-