Chapter 75- To Do List

"So, did you talk to everyone? What did they say?" Annika asked Shivaay on the video call, while he  sat in his office cabin, reading some papers.

"Well, they all had their opinions." He said, his mind going back to two days ago, when he and Pinky had landed in Mumbai and he had announced his decision to the family a few hours later.

"Shivaay, are you sure?" Tej asked, shaking his head. "I mean, I know you must have taken this decision after thinking about every aspect but...if you want to take some more time, I think you can."

"Haan Shivaay, bhaisaab is right. Take a few more days, compare and analyse-

"Dad, the time to compare and analyse is over. I have taken this decision, I was thinking about it since a very long time." Shivaay said and looked at his family members. 

His Dadi looked crestfallen, his Mom was upset as usual, Badi Maa had a thoughtful expression on her face while his Dad and Badepapa looked like they were thinking a lot. Shivaay looked on the other side of the room , where his brothers and sisters-in-law seemed to be just praying for peace.

"Well." Om cleared his throat and sighed. "I think we should respect Shivaay's decision-

"Of course, you will say that! " Pinky scoffed softly. "After all, you will be getting the property and business-

"Mom." Shivaay said a little loudly and laughed. "I am leaving the country, not the business. So don't worry about my right to the Oberoi property and business. Please, we talked about it."

"Billu puttar, are you...is it possible that Annika can come here-

"Dadi, it is possible. But I don't want that." Shivaay sighed and walked to his grandmother, sitting beside her. "How about this, you come with me? Annika will be thrilled!"

Kalyani Oberoi chuckled as she saw her grandson's hopeful eyes and caressed his head.

"How can I do that? If I leave the Oberoi Mansion, this place will be without its zookeeper, right?" She said and every one laughed, agreeing silently. "You go beta, I will come to visit you every year! Don't worry, I am old but not that old, I have many years!"

Annika smiled as she heard Shivaay tell her about his conversation and nodded.

"So, everything is sorted Annika. Dad, Badepapa, Rudy and Soumya, everyone is helping me in the office. Mom has been quiet and Badi Maa, Gauri and Om are preparing a farewell gift or party for me." Shivaay looked excited. "You know what this means?"

"What?" Annika shrugged as Shivaay shut the file.

"It means, it's official. I am coming to you babayyy!" He sang and Annika tried to stop her laugh as her employees snickered outside. She'd forgotten her earphones at home and now everyone at her office was enjoying her boyfriend's excitement!

"You're such a cutie, oh how much I miss you!" Annika said softly, propping her sad face on her sad arm. "Please come back to me very soon!"

"I am preparing for that, my love." Shivaay said and flew her a kiss.

"Shivaay, is there no one around you?" She suddenly asked, thinking how was her boyfriend so carefree with his words and actions while in his office.

"There are, but not that I care anymore." Shivaay shrugged before raising his voice. "I love my girlfriend! I can't wait to be with her and our daughter! Wohoo!"

"Shhh Shivaay!" Annika laughed loudly but blushed nonetheless. Was it possible to get butterflies and fireflies in your stomach? 

"Why bhabhi? Are you sharma-ing?" Rudy's voice asked and Annika gasped.

"Rudra, you are there?" She asked but it was Tej who replied.

"We all are here Annika beta." Tej chuckled, waving his arm in front of the camera. "But we are just ignoring Shivaay."

"Trust me Di, it is not easy!" Soumya said from behind and Annika shook her head in despair.

"You all are there-

"Yes Di." Rudra said, still not coming in front of the camera. "Helping Bhai into putting almost fifty years of his work into a few pen drives and cloud and such."

"Fifteen years Rudra." Shivaay said before mumbling. "I am not that old."

"Shivaay you know he's kidding, right?" Annika asked and could hear Rudra chuckling from behind.

"Yes Di, and we also have to pack his clothes. And, and, I think Dadi is making a lot of food for all of you, good thing the achaar will leak in the private jet!" Soumya chuckled and Annika saw Shivaay doing a little dance at the word achaar.

"And don't forget about his sock collection! Annika beta I am sure there are at least two bags full of socks, every color imaginable." Shakti said and Annika could actually imagine it!

"Acha Annika, what should I get for everyone?" Shivaay suddenly asked and Annika frowned.

"Get everyone, what do you mean?" She asked, finally opening a file to re-start her work.

"Like gifts. I am officially coming there so I feel like I should get everyone something?" He said before lowering his voice. "I just want to make a good impression."

"Hmm, you can if you want to." She shrugged. "I can help you."

"Okay so tell me, what does everyone like?" Shivaay opened his phone to make notes.

"So, umm, Vikram loves to travel so you can get him something like-

"A car?" Shivaay looked hopeful and Annika grinned before speaking.

"No Shivaay, something like, travel books?" She said and Shivaay noted down. "And Sid has this love for leather jackets so that is something you can find."

"Hmm, yes. And Sonakshi? Should I get her a perfume?" He asked and Annika nodded.

"Yup, she'll like it. I will send you a list of some brands she likes, you can choose from it. And the kids love toys so, that's easy." Annika concluded and Shivaay stared at her. "What?"

"And you? What do you want?" He asked and she sighed.

"All I want is you, so just wrap yourself in some golden paper." She said as a matter of fact and heard the Oberois softly laugh behind Shivaay, who's face and ears were suddenly pretty pink now.

"Hmm Shivaay, are you sharma-ing now?" She teased and he bit his lip with a little nod, gaining a loud awww from his pretty girlfriend.

"2 meters of golden paper then, for my beautiful girlfriend! Your wish is my command my sweetheart!"