Chapter 3| Glimpse into her Apartment

Sana returned home and hung the key beside the door. She switched on the lights and closed the door, locking it from inside. She removed her coat walking into the living room and dropped the coat on the purple sofa. She switched on the heater and sat on the bed. She sighed rubbing her face with her palms. She stayed still for a minute.

Then, she removed her boots and socks and stood up. She arranged them neatly on the shoe-rack next to the main door and stood up. She turned and looked at her cozy apartment.

Ever since Sana moved to London she has been living in this one-bedroom apartment. The main door leads directly into the living room which has two purple sofas, one double and one single. A glass coffee-table in the center. Opposite, the sofa was a small book rack which has mostly fashion magazine. Sana isn't a fan of reading. And a small LED TV placed over it. There were few paintings on the wall behind the sofa and a wall clock above the TV. Attached to the living room was one small round wooden table and two chairs, opposite to which were two glass windows. Sana walked up to it and opened the blinds, she stared out. Since her apartment was on the back side, the view below was an alley and view front was buildings. Sana placed her palm on the window sill and immediately retracted, it was freezing. She looked up at the sky, it might snow she thought.

After a couple of minutes into staring out, Sana walked away from the window and entered her room. The room was small, with a single bed in the center. Sana cringed on seeing her messy bed. There was a heater to the right, above which was another window, this one smaller than the one in the living room. To the left was a cupboard and opposite the bed was Sana's study table.

She sighed and walked up to her bed and picked up the paper and roughly adjusted the pillow. Then, She dropped the papers on the table and walked towards her cupboard.

With towel in one hand and her night PJs in the other, Sana exited the room. Right next to the room is a bathroom. After a day's tiring work nothing beats a hot shower bath to rejuvenate oneself. Sana took a long bath, leaving her shoulder-length hair untouched. She changed into pink woolen Tee and grey track pants and wore socks too. Ruffling her hair, she walked through the living room and into a small kitchen. The kitchen was smaller than the other rooms. Sana poured a glass of warm water and drank it in one go.

*******************************

Saba: After attending to all worldly calls you got time for me.

Sana pressed her lips tightly as her sister whined. She sighed and held her forehead with her fingers.

Sana: What is it, Saba? You called me like freaking hundred times. What is the urgency?

Saba: Can't I miss my elder sister.

Sana smiled, she could feel her cute sister pouting on the other side. After a pause, Saba spoke. She complained about how her parents found out about Zayed, her boyfriend and fired on her. She also added that she doesn't get why having a boyfriend was such a big issue to their parents especially when they themselves were in a relationship in College.

Saba: Mom is fine, but our dad, he was like....

Hearing about dad, Sana stiffened, she closed her eyes tightly and spoke sternly, - 'Your dad, Saba. He is nobody to me.'

'Appi, I was just-'

Sana exhaled loudly interrupting her and then said, - 'Saba I am really tried. Can we talk tomorrow?' She tried sounding calm. Saba doesn't protest and quietly cut the call. Sana ran her fingers through her hair and fell against the sofa, she stared front at the wall clock. Her gaze fixated on the second's hand.

Sana's life turned upside down ever since her step-father stepped into the picture. Everything was perfect, then why Mom had to re-marry? Why did she leave her first husband, Sana's father? Sana knew her mother and her step-father were college sweethearts; then why did she marry Sana's father? Sana never accepted Mr. Imran Shah as her father and she never will. The bitter memories spoilt her mood badly and, so she sat up straight and switched on the TV. She flipped through channels until she found the Fashion TV and began watching.

Sana's big show was coming, she should be fully focused on that.

********************************

Sana felt fumbling and almost stumbling as she left her apartment. She kept adjusting her red and yellow muffler as she unlocked the door. She groaned pulling down her cap as she exited the building.

'Damn!' She cursed, she hadn't forecasted snow. Sana unzipped her keepall bag and fished out a pair of gloves. They were highly mismatched with the cap she was wearing and had been buried in her bag for a long time. Adah will scold her again but right now she doesn't want to think about that. Quickly, she wore them. She pulled the sleeves of her coat and checked the time. For now, she was on time. For first time, she skipped her Yoga classes. As the days passed and the year-end fast approached Sana was getting more tensed. Even Christmas holidays won't be fun for her.

'Hey!' Sana was startled when a female voice buzzed right into her ear. She turned her head and found Emma beaming at her. She was surprised to see her here.

'Hey!' Sana greeted her back. Emma tugged her cap covering her ear and went on to tell that she was with her boyfriend last night and he lives nearby. The two girls chatted until the bus arrived. Sana let Emma climb first and got in after her. She can't believe they found two seats empty, perhaps most of the people are preparing for the holidays.

Sana sat by the window, she placed her bag on her lap and pulled down her muffler. She felt Emma nudge her and she looked away from the window. Emma took out her iPod from the jeans pocket.

'I have got latest songs, want to hear?' She asked brightly. Sana nodded.

'Great.' Emma exclaimed and took out her earphones. Sana helped her untangle it and then she passed her one. The two girls stuck the earphones to their ears. Sana looked out of the window, her foot tapping to the music.

The first song was a peppy number and then it switched to a romantic number. Sana and Emma passed a glance at each other and smiled. Sana turned her head and looked out again. She looked at the beautiful snow falling from the sky and sighed. She leaned resting her head against the glass window. The song calmed her nerves. She smiled little.

*****************************

How was the Chapter, guys? We found out a big part of Sana's life *hmmm* What are your thoughts? Drop your comments, please *smiles*