Chapter 41| A Visitor

Sana was busy making soup for Daanish and her phone began to ring. She extended her hand and picked up the phone from the kitchen slab. She looked at the screen and rolled her eyes.

Nadia Calling!

It has been two days since Daanish returned home from the hospital. Since then Sana was busy taking care of him and balancing work too. She didn't get time to get his mobile repaired or get him a new one. Since the accident, Nadia was only continuously calling her on her phone. Even at work. Still, Sana was glad Nadia was busy with a project in Miami.

Sana picked up the call and squished the phone in between her ear and shoulder. She began stirring the soup with her right hand.

'Yes. Nadia?'

'I don't want to talk to you, give the phone to Daanish.' Nadia spoke rudely. Sana frowned. She didn't like Nadia's tone but there was nothing she could do. She sighed.

'Okay. One min.'

'Hurry up.'

'Hey, I am no superhero. I am a human.' Sana snapped back, and Nadia quietened. Sana then put the soup on low flame and turned around. She walked towards Daanish's room and knocked on the door. Even though the room door was open, Sana prefers knocking.

'Come in.' He called, and Sana entered. He looked up from the book in his hand and smiled at her.

'You needn't knock.' He said.

Sana simply forwarded him the phone, - 'Nadia.'

'Oh!' Daanish took the phone from her. Sana then turned around and left. She wasn't interested in listening to the two love-birds.

*********************************

By the time, she had prepared the soup and came back to Daanish's room he had finished speaking on phone. He handed her the phone and leaned against the bedpost.

'I have ordered a phone online. It will be coming soon.' He said with his eyes closed.

'Okay. Here drink this soup.' Sana said sitting at his feet. Daanish looked at it and made a face.

'Is it Chicken?' He asked pointing at it. Sana grinned widely, nodding happily. He made another disgusting face.

'Chee.'

Sana rolled her eyes. She shifted with the bowl, - 'It is chicken bone soup with chicken shreds. Next will be mutton soup.' Daanish's eyes widened. Sana smirked. She took a spoonful of the soup and forwarded it to him. He made a face and Sana glared at him. Last time also she had struggled to feed him this soup. The first day, she had lied to him that it was Veg. Luckily, he was fooled because there was no piece of meat.

'It is good for your hurt. It will help you heal.' She gestured towards his bandaged feet. Daanish sighed.

'So? It is necessary to have chicken. Why not veg?' He reasoned. That moment Sana felt like hitting his head but then he is too cute and, so she dropped the idea.

'Stop arguing, please.' She clicked her tongue in agitation. He pressed his lips tightly refusing to open it. She poked his mouth with the spoon, but he didn't budge.

'Fine,' – She sighed rolling her eyes, - 'next time I will get Veg. Okay?' She said looking seriously at him.

'Sure?'

Sana nodded and tried feeding him the soup again. This time Daanish opened his mouth and drank from it. Sana exhaled deeply.

'Good boy.' She said and passed him a napkin. As he wiped his mouth she passed him the bowl of soup and he looked surprised.