Chapter 49| A Day Without You

Sana had trouble unlocking door of her apartment. She nearly dropped the sewing machine she held along with the heavy cloth materials.

'Uff.' She sighed and placed everything down and unlocked the door. She exhaled loudly before bending down and picking up everything in her arms.

Inside she kicked her footwear and closed the door with her leg. Then, she walked into the living room and towards the dining table. Carefully, she placed the sewing machine on the table and dropped the heavy cloth materials on the floor at the feet of the chair. Sana moved her handpicked out her mobile phone from the back pocket of her dungaree pants and placed it on the table next to the machine.

She changed into her casual nightwear, loose cotton Hello Kitty PJs. After half an hour of searching, she managed to find the stand to keep her sewing machine and walked into the living room carrying the stand under her arm. She placed it next to the double sofa and dragged one of the chairs from the dining table.

******************************

Another half an hour passed, Sana stopped the machine and moved her hand. She pushed aside the side bangs with the back of her palm and was about to start the sewing machine again when she heard her phone ringing. She groaned realizing she had left her phone on the dining table. At first, she thought to ignore it then she thought otherwise. If it was Saba or Alishba they will eat her head for not picking up their calls.

Sana got up and walked up to the table. She was surprised to see three miscalls from Daanish and no one else. She slapped her forehead realizing that she couldn't hear the ringing over the sound of the machine.

'Hello!' Sana said as he picked up her call. She bit her nail nervously. She hoped he wasn't miffed because she didn't pick up his calls.

'Hello! Sana, is everything alright?' He sounded concern.

'Yup.' - Sana replied holding her forehead, she placed her hand on her hip, - 'I am fine.'

'Stressed?'

Sana nodded. 'Yes.'- She sighed and continued, - 'Just a little.'

'Sorry, I disturbed you. We hadn't spoken the whole day today, so I thought I would-'

'It is okay, Daanish.' – Sana smiled, - 'I am sorry for not responding.'

'Okay, then if you don't mind can I drop by. I promise I won't disturb you.' Daanish said cutely.

Sana chuckled. Her gaze fell on the clothes and she bit the corner of her lip. 'Okay.' She said positively.

****************************

Fifteen minutes later, Sana got up from the machine and walked towards the main door. She peeped from the peephole and smiled on seeing Daanish. He stood with his head lowered, perhaps looking at his feet or hands. Sana unlocked the door and smiled at him.

'Hey!'

Daanish looked up and smiled at her, - 'Hey.' He greeted her and frowned at seeing her, - 'Why the tired face?' He inquired. Sana smiled wearily at him.

'Come in, I will show you.' She said and stepped aside. Daanish nodded and entered.

He stopped as he saw the sewing machine and scattered clothes everywhere. Looking at the traditional wear he guessed, - 'Alishba's wedding.'

Sana nodded, she massaged her head, - 'Hardly two months.' She looked at him. Daanish looked concerned at her.

'Listen, don't stress yourself.' He said placing his palm on her shoulder. Sana smiled again. She assured him that she was doing all this with her happiness. Daanish patted her shoulder and moved his hand away. Sana felt slightly disappointed. She wished he would have kept his hand for a longer time.