Chapter 11| A Chivalrous Gentleman

Sana got busy supervising the designs. She was in charge and everything was on her shoulder. Luckily, everything was going well, so far. She was working on one of the models when she felt someone stand beside her. She doesn't look up and continued to adjust the sleeve of her dress.

'All good?' Adah's voice floated into her ear and Sana turned her head. Her gaze met Adah's and she nodded confidently.

'Yes, Maam.'

Adah smiled. 'Good.' - She then glanced at her watch and said, - 'Show is about to start. Your designs will be fifth in line,' – She looked up at Sana again, - 'The dresses are fine, hope the choreography is up to the mark too.' -She placed her palm on Sana's shoulder, - 'And for a change, you are looking beautiful.' She complimented. Sana smiled, a crimson red adorned her cheek.

Sana stood in the backstage with her finger's crossed. She kept praying everything goes well. One by one model wearing her designs cat-walked on the ramp. They were graceful and flaunted the dress with full confidence. Sana bit her lip and clasped her palms tightly, her eyes glued to the stage. Only after her set of models completed the walk did she breathe a sigh of relieve.

'Good Job.' Adah whispered from beside her. She patted Sana's shoulder. Sana nodded.

After her showstopper walked the ramp, Sana was supposed to walk the ramp with her as well. She gathered her team member of six and climbed on stage with them. She smiled nervously at first but once on stage she picked up little courage. Sana walked confidently with her team members and the gorgeous show stopper. She looked at the crowd with pride as they clapped for them. The anchor comes and shakes hands with them. They all then dispersed.

*******************************

After her designs were over, Sana walked out of the back seat and took out her phone from her clutch purse and was about dial Alishba when someone stood beside her. She looked to her side.

Adah smiled little at her, - 'I knew you will pull this off. I am proud of you.' She said, and Sana smiled too.

'Thank you, Maam.'

Adah then turned around and walked to the other designers. Sana quickly typed a text message to Alishba

Sana: Save me a seat, I am coming.

She then texted her team members in the group chat and asked them to gather behind the stage with the models. She dropped her phone back into her purse and turned around walking to the backstage.

Sana waited patiently for the team members and the models to gather. They all looked visibly relieved and happy. She beamed at everyone.

She clasped her palms and began, - 'Well done, team.' She looked at the team, - 'Everything was perfect, the dress, make-up, performance. Excellent work, guys. Cheers to our success.' She said clapping her hands, everyone murmured excitedly and clapped. Sana moved her hand down and bit her smiling lower-lip.

After some pep talks and congratulating everyone Sana left the backstage. She looked at her phone and followed Alishba's description of their seat. She looked up, among the sea of people it was getting very difficult to look for her. Also, the heels were killing Sana and she needed to sit. Thankfully, she got a seat and sighed sitting down. She bent and removed her heels. She wriggled her toes feeling the blood rush back to then. What a relief? She leaned back and sighed.

*****************************

After the fashion show was over, Sana waited for her friend and her fiancé near the coat stand. She hasn't collected her coat yet. Sometime later, she saw her friend walking towards her. When their gaze met, Alishba opened her arms and walked hurriedly towards her. She almost tripped but Aahil was quick to grab her waist and stop her fall. She looked embarrassed. Sana smiled and lifted her gown little and walked towards her friend. She stood in front of them and her eyes darted from Aahil to Alishba. She didn't want to but cleared her throat and their cute eye-lock was broken.