Chapter 42| Nanu's Sona

Nanu disappeared into the bedroom and Sana heard a gasp and then

'Arey, my sona, mona, chotu, my love, my bacha, my-'

'Arey, Nanu I am not a baby anymore.'

Sana giggled covering her mouth. She debated if she should go in or just get lost. She decided to go in. She stopped at the doorsteps and her eyes widened on seeing Nanu assaulting Daanish. She had held his face tightly in between her palms and kissing him all over his face. Daanish was just protesting by making a face. Sana bit her lip to suppress her smile. She cleared her throat and Nanu left Daanish. He fell back and removed his glasses that had tilted.

He clicked his tongue as he removed his glasses, - 'Nanu.' He whined wiping the lens with the hem of his T-shirt. Nanu sighed. Sana quickly looked away from the little of his navel that peeked from behind his Tee.

'Sana. I didn't even greet you properly.' Nanu said standing up. Sana was taken aback as the old woman hugged her tightly. Sana cringed smelling the heavy perfume Nanu wore. She separated their frames but held Sana by her waist.

'So, what are you doing here?' She asked with a warm smile lingered on her lips.

'Uh-' Before Sana could formulate an answer, Daanish spoke.

'She is taking care of me, Nanu.' He said and Nanu looked at him. Sana lowered her gaze, her cheeks red. Daanish looked back at his grandmother and continued, - 'She took me to the hospital, paid the bills and comes to my home to take care of me.' He boasted. Sana avoided looking at anyone. She felt shy and happy.

'Aww,' – Nanu held Sana's chin lightly and slowly, she looked up, - 'You such a sweetheart.' Nanu said and Sana smiled. Then, she hugged her again.

'Indeed.' Daanish smiled. Sana looked at him and noted his hazel eyes twinkle. She blushed, lowering her gaze.

Nanu complimented Sana and insisted she keeps dropping by. Sana readily agreed. She was planning to anyway. Nanu kissed her forehead.

'Nanu. You must be tired from the travel. Please, rest I will get something for you.' Sana said politely.

'Oh, Thank you so much, dear.' Nanu said patting her shoulder. Sana helped her open her bag and she took out a towel and a long cotton nightie. Nanu looked around for bathroom and Sana guided her. After she had sent Nanu into the bathroom she turned and accidentally her gaze met Daanish. He was smiling but when she looked at him he pretended to stare at the book in his hand. Sana smiled shaking her head.

**************************************

While Nanu bathed Sana got nervous. She didn't know what to make for snacks. After five minutes of thinking, she decided she made her special tea. Everyone likes that. Still being alone at home Sana wasn't an expert cook. She makes some simple dish for breakfast and dinner while she eats mostly from outside for lunch.

Sana picked up an apron from the hanger next to the cabinets and neatly tied it around her waist. She opened one of the lower cabinets and took out a small vessel. She collected milk and added some water. Lighting the stove, she placed the vessel properly. Then, she opened the over-head cabinet for tea bags and other essentials.

'Hmmm.' Nanu sniffed as she entered the kitchen. 'What is that amazing smell? Tea?'

'Yes, Nanu.' Sana replied as she poured the tea into two cups. She looked at Nanu, smiling. Nanu smiled back.

'It smells heavenly, can't wait to taste it.' Nanu said eagerly. Sana smiled.

'In just a minute.' She replied placing the cups neatly on the tray. Nanu watched with a smile as Sana arranged the biscuits. In just two days, she got acquainted with Daanish's kitchen so well. She felt proud of herself.

Sana lead Nanu to the living room. Nanu pulled her chair and sat looking at the teacup hungrily. Sana smiled passing her the cup. Nanu took the cup and brought it to her nose. She sniffed taking in the aroma.

'Which brand?'

'Earl Grey.'

'Divine.' Nanu complimented. Sana sat beside her at the dining table. She rested her forearm on the table and bit her lower lip as she watched Nanu take a sip.

'Um. Amazing.' She smiled widely. Her perfect pearls on display. Even at this age, she was well-groomed and well-maintained.

Good looks run in the family - Sana thought while leaning her cheek against her knuckles.

Nanu urged her to have tea as well and Sana nodded looking away from the beautiful woman. She picked up her cup and looked at her again. Nanu even at her age has almost wrinkle free skin. She doesn't wear glasses, has the well-maintained physique, little belly fat but that gets covered with the loose Kurthi she wears. The bob cut grey hair gave her a modern look. And her teeth, are white as pearl. Now, Sana was confused if they were real. She frowned and got back to drinking tea.

'You make so awesome tea. You needn't worry about finding a boy.' Nanu said placing her palm on Sana's thigh. She continued, - 'If my Sona wasn't engaged I would have married you to him.'

Sana took a moment to understand who Sona was and when she recollected she blushed.

I so wish – She thought to herself.

*****************************

Even we wish, Sana

So, guys how was the Chapter? Nanu seems like a warm character and she is impressed by Sana too ;)

So, guys how was the Chapter? Nanu seems like a warm character and she is impressed by Sana too ;). What are your thoughts? Drop them in the comments, please *smiles*

 What are your thoughts? Drop them in the comments, please *smiles*