Chapter 19| By the Pool Side

Sana checked her watch, it was 10pm, there were few people roaming around in the lobby. She made her way towards the pool. She wrapped her arms around her and caressed her arms with her palms. The night has become slightly chilled. But compared to England the weather was still pleasant. The pool side was empty with only one or two butlers cleaning the place. As Sana walked by the pool she saw a reflection of someone familiar. She frowned.

Daanish? Here? I must be imagining him – Sana thought and shook her head. She looked up and found Daanish. He just turned around and missed looking at her. Sana suppressed a smile watching him hold his stomach and lower back. He groaned, and she placed her palm over her mouth to suppress her giggle.

Sana tiptoed towards him. He doesn't notice her until she spoke, - 'Told you do not have that curry.'

'Woah!' Daanish was startled by her voice and he stumbled. Luckily, Sana grabbed his hand and prevented him from falling into the pool.

'Oh-My-God! I am sorry.' Sana apologized pulling him up.

'It is Okay.' Daanish replied. Sana looked on concerned. Daanish raised his eyebrow, - 'You can let go of my hand, now. I am safe.' He said with a straight face.

Sana looked down at their joined palms and quickly retracted her hand. 'Sorry.' She muttered looking away. She tugged her hair, her cheeks red.

Damn! She always embarrasses herself. Sana closed her eyes tightly and bit her lip. She frowned on hearing him chuckle. She looked up.

'Relax. It happens.' He said casually.

'It happens more often to me when you are around.' Sana whispered scrapping her nail cuticles with her finger.

'You said something?' Daanish asked.

Sana closed her eyes and quickly opened them. She looked at Daanish, smiled awkwardly and shook her head.

'Nothing.' She said in a small voice.

Daanish observed her for a while, before saying, - 'I know it's not an appropriate question to ask but... same problem?' He pointed at his stomach. Sana felt embarrassed as she nodded. Daanish smiled looking away.

Gosh! The smile. The God damn smile – Sana stared at him. When he looked at her she looked away pretending to play with the back of her hair. She looked at him from the corner of her eyes and straightened.

'Want to walk?' Sana suggested with a smile.

'Hmm.' Daanish nodded. Sana admired his muscles flex as he placed his palms into his pockets. She inhaled deeply and looked away. Together they began walking. Sana kept her gaze fixed on the ground. Though Daanish was careful, every time accidentally their arms touched Sana felt her heartbeat race.

'So?' - Daanish spoke after few silent minutes, - 'Alishba told me that you have become an awesome designer.' He looked at her. Sana looked at him.

She felt good that he referred her to be an "awesome designer."

'I am not awesome. Recently, I got my own team and my own fashion show. That wasn't a big deal.' She replied pushing aside strands of her hair from her forehead.

Daanish nodded thoughtfully. 'Still great achievement. Alishba was all praises for you.'

'Thank you.' Sana blushed lowering her gaze. A smile adorned her face.

'So? What are you up to?' Sana asked wrapping her arms around herself. Daanish exhaled deeply and lowered his head. She looked at him kick the ground. It was only now she noticed he was wearing flip-flops.