Chapter 9| The Sister Tag

Later in the night. Saba and Sana were on the bed. Sana lying on her back and staring up at the ceiling. Her index finger twirling the edge of her hair. She sighed dreamily. Saba, on the other hand, sat crossed leg on the bed and was busy filing her finger nails.

'Awesome movie. Right, Appi?' She said as she did her nails.

'Hmm...'

'Alishba's brother is so sweet and hot.' Saba said, and Sana's gaze snapped towards her. She doesn't say anything, though, and Saba goes on, - 'I totally have a crush on him. Who wouldn't? He is a charmer. But too bad he thinks of us as a sister.' She sighed at the end of her statement. Sana's heart began beating fast as she sat up and glared at her sister's back.

'Excuse me. How can you be sure he thinks of us as his sisters?' Sana sounded defensive again. Saba looked at her and shrugged.

'Isn't it obvious. Sister's friends are sisters. And, Appi, once a guy starts thinking of you as his sister, there is no scope. Plus,' – She began filing her nails again, - 'It's so creepy with the sister tag.'

Sana looked away, aghast. She didn't think of it this way. What if Saba was right and Daanish only takes her as a sister. What if? Then, as she reached a dead end? Before her crush could bloom into love it has been labeled with the sister tag. Sana got up from the bed. Saba asked her where she was going but she doesn't reply and walked towards the window. Saba shrugged and got back to filing her nails. Sana opened the window and stared out. She wrapped her arms around herself and looked sadly at the night sky.

Why can't happiness be permanent in her life, she thought sadly.

Thanks to Saba's words next few days were awkward for Sana. But she couldn't stop crushing on him. Eventually, she returned to normal and began crushing over him again.

***********************************

Sana was the happiest today as exams ended and now she can be at Alishba's place with no worry of studying and can focus completely on Daanish. She parked her cycle and climbed down. She walked through the driveway while adjusting her peach half sleeved top. She rang the door-bell and hoped Daanish opened the door. The door opened, and Sana gulped on seeing Mr. Ali looking at her. His gaze ice-cold.

'Good-Good-Afternoon, Uncle.' Sana greeted him. She felt intimidated. He said nothing and turned around. Sana read his face, it was clear he didn't like her coming here. She lowered her head and stared at her sneakers as she walked in.

'Yaay!' Alishba jumped on Sana as soon as she entered the room. Sana was almost knocked over by her. Slowly, she hugged her friend back.

'I am so happy.' Alishba parted their frames, she then looked greedily at Sana, - 'You got the cassettes? Shall we dance and celebrate?'

Sana smiled, - 'With your father in the house?' Alishba's smile dropped momentarily but she smiled again, brighter than before.

'He is leaving in an hour.' She grinned. Sana grinned back.

Till her father was in the house the girls decided to do some time pass in the kitchen and help Mrs. Ali make Choco- chip biscuits. Watching Mrs. Ali bake was a pleasure to the eyes. Strangely, it calms her. As they passed by Daanish's room, Sana frowned.

'Where is Daanish?' Sana asked as the girls entered the kitchen.

'He is gone to Pune. He got selected in top MNC there.' Alishba replied without looking back. Sana's heart fell.

He left. And she didn't even get to see him properly before he left – Sana's heart ached. But not to make anything suspicious, Sana outwardly pretended to be happy for him. But Sana could pretend only for some time. She left Alishba's place within half an hour.

It was just a crush, but Sana was terribly heartbroken. She might not have been so heartbroken if Daanish had met her before he left. But then, why would he? What is she to him? Just his sister's best friend.

Initially, Sana was upset but slowly as life took its course, the crush got buried somewhere. But even in the rat-race, there were times she still reminisced their time together. 

**************************

Saba's Logic and Sana got pissed. Oopsie...

And Daanish left *cries*

So, guys, the Flashback ends here *smiles* How was the Chapter? Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles widely* 

And Congrats our story is in top 30, Rank 26 *distributes chocolates*