Chapter 48| Avoiding the Topic

'The Castle was so amazing.' Daanish exclaimed as the two stood in the crammed metro heading back home.

'Yeah!' Sana replied. She felt her headache. What a boring place?

Daanish frowned looking intently at her, - 'Why do I have a feeling you are lying?'

Sana looked at him, one look at him and she confessed. 'It was boring.' She said and then bit her lip. To her surprise, Daanish chuckled and hesitantly she smiled.

'Then you should have told me when we were making plans.' He said after he had stopped laughing.

Sana shrugged. 'I didn't want to upset you.' She said. Daanish nodded. They stood, facing each other in the metro. Sana clenched the rod tightly while Daanish held the rod too, his hand just a little above hers. Accidentally it slipped and Daanish held her hand. Sana gasped inwardly feeling his tight grip.

'Sorry.' He retracted his hand and just then he was accidentally pushed from behind and he fell over Sana. Quickly, he grabbed the rod again. 'Sorry.' He said again and sighed. Sana pressed her lips tightly but doesn't say anything.

The train stopped at one destination and few people squeezed their way out of the metro. This time again, Daanish's palm landed over Sana's. She ignored the tingling feeling. Daanish adjusted his glasses and looked at her.

'Sana.'

'Hmm.'

'Where you want to go?' He asked. Sana was surprised.

'I don't want to force my choices on you.' Daanish said seriously. Sana blinked at him. He kept urging her to say and finally, she said,

'Nadia keeps forcing her choices on you, right?' She asked eyeing him. She noted Daanish's expressions change. For a moment she thought she did a mistake asking him this.

'River Thames looks amazing after sunset.' Sana said leaning to her side, she rested her head on the rod. Daanish blinked at her and she smiled at him. He nodded.

'Okay.' He said and smiled at her.

*************************

'Amazing.' Daanish commented as the two walked on the pavement alongside the river. Sana nodded.

'It's really peaceful here.' Sana stopped and turned around. She placed her elbows on the railing and looked front at the river. Daanish stopped too. He tugged his palms into his pockets and exhaled deeply. Sana felt his arm brush against hers, she smiled little. It has got a little cold, but a pleasant gentle breeze fanned their faces. Sana looked at the water. Dark and calm. Something about it made her feel serene.

'I must admit your choice is better than mine.' Daanish admitted out of the blue. Sana turned her head and looked at him. He looked at her too.

'That Castle was good too.' Sana said hoping she made him feel better. Daanish chuckled shaking his head.

'I don't mind, really. Nadia says it so bluntly and, so I stopped suggesting anything.' – He sighed shaking his head again and then looked at Sana, - 'But you are too good, Sana.' He admitted. His voice, his words made Sana's heart to flutter. She simply smiled. He looked front again while she kept looking at him. For some reason, he looked sad.

Sana looked front for a moment and then looked at him again. 'Why do you let her dominate you?' She asked and Daanish looked at her. Sana had noticed this many times and now that Daanish has confessed she got the courage to point it out.

'She is not dominating.' Daanish said. His eyes betrayed him. Sana turned to face him. Tilting her head to one side she placed her hand on her hip.