Chapter 64| In Terms with Reality

Saba watched them go and then turned to look at Sana.

'Appi? What was all that?' She asked, blinking confusedly at her sister.

'Nothing.' Sana avoided her sister's gaze as she spoke. Saba guessed her sister was hiding something. Sana turned but before she could go, Saba held her hand and she turned to look at her younger sister.

'Appi. We need to talk.' Saba said grabbing Sana's wrist. She walked with her to the bed. The two girls sat opposite each other. Saba was direct with her question and asked her what Daanish was doing here. Sana refused to answer, she kept staring at her fingers. After a lot of pestering, Sana finally spilled the beans and confessed about their affair.

By the time, Sana finished narrating her everything Saba had her jaw dropped.

'Please don't judge me.' Sana pleaded to her sister. Saba shook her head. She sighed and placed her palms on her thigh.

'Now what?' Saba looked at her sister. Sana shrugged and looked away. Honestly, she has no clue what next. Will Daanish break up with Nadia? He hasn't given her a solid answer. And after their confession, Sana doesn't want to marry Ramiz. She sighed, tears pricked her eyes. What if Daanish gave in to family pressure and doesn't break up with Nadia?

**************************

Daanish ran behind Nadia, she was walking quickly to avoid him.

'Nadia.' He called but she doesn't stop. Tears filled her eyes. She can't believe she found Daanish and Sana locked up in a room and they were holding hands. Everyone in the venue was looking for him and he was with her. She couldn't accept he had just been to her room. She had never liked his closeness with Sana. Even in London, it was always either him or her in each other's houses. She always suspected him of having affair with her but never said anything. Recently, she noticed his strange behavior and his irrational jealousy of Ramiz. Now, catching them in a room together was the final straw.

The way they looked shocked and scared, the way they avoided her gaze. Nadia knew something was going on in that room.

'Nadia.' Finally, Daanish managed to catch up with her. He held her arm and turned her around.

'Listen to me, please. There was nothing like you are thinking.' Daanish explained. Nadia jerked her arm from his grip.

'Shut up, Daanish. I am not blind I can see.' – She paused and took a deep breath, - 'You love her, don't you?' Nadia eyed him. Daanish opened his mouth to reply but no words came out. He took a second and closed his mouth. Nadia was very direct.

She nodded folding her arms, - 'I knew it.' She pressed her lips tightly and turned around.

'Nadia.' Daanish stepped in front of her and looked confidently into her eyes. Nadia stared back. Tears blurring her vision, but she stood confidently.

'Yes.' He confessed.

Nadia's heart dropped, and her demeanor changed. Daanish extended his hand but she stuck out her palm, a stern look in her eyes. A lone tear dropped from her left eye as she continued to stare at him.

'Why, Daanish? Didn't I love you enough? Why did you do this to me?' She asked, her lower lip quivered but her eyes were unmoved. Daanish sighed looking away.

'I don't know, Nadia.' – He shrugged, - 'I don't know when I fell in love with her, but I did. See, I can't control my feelings. And I will be honest with you. I have not cheated on you, Nadia. I never did, and I never will,' – He paused, - 'I tried hard to fall in love with you, but I couldn't. The connect I feel with Sana, I don't feel with you. In fact, I don't feel it with any other girl. If I go ahead and do get married to you then I will be ruining your life and mine as well. I am not bothered about myself. But I am very concerned for you and Sana.' – He took a step and placed his hands on her arms, Nadia jerked his hands away, Daanish sighed, - 'I don't love you, Nadia but I have grown to like you. I respect you a lot. Please understand.' He finished.