Chapter 59~ The Big Reveal

Next morning, Sana was relieved to have the itchy Mehendi off her hands and now what was left was a beautiful dark design. It stood up against her white skin. She smiled admiring her hands, then she turned around and found Saba fast asleep. She was snoring, also drooling. Sana smiled and got down the bed.

After she showered she quickly dressed into a Halter neck white crop top, blueprinted kaftan shrug and denim. She neatly combed her hair and wore white flat slippers. Taking the spare keycard, she left a sticky note for Saba on the table beside the bed.

Happily, Sana entered the restaurant and walked towards the buffet. She got the plate and filled it with toast, butter, and croissants. She was standing in the queue to get orange juice when someone chirped near her ear.

'Hello.'

Sana turned her head and found Ramiz beaming at her. She noted he held a plate too. His was filled with croissants and scrambled egg. She looked back up at him and smiled widely at him.

'Hello!'

Ramiz joined the line and stood beside her. He complimented her Henna.

'It has become nice and dark. Beautiful.'

'Thanks.' Sana replied with a smile. Before she looked away he spoke again.

'And you are looking beautiful as well.'

Sana looked at him and found him blushing.

Aww - Sana thought.

'Thanks.' She said lowering her gaze.

***************************

After they had taken juice, the two walked towards an empty seat. A small round table with two chairs facing each other. As they ate, Ramiz tried cracking jokes. Some of them were lame, nevertheless, Sana laughed. At least, the poor fellow was genuinely trying. She found him and his attempts cute. Sana laughed hard when he narrated a story of one of the customers.

'Your job is so happening.' She said brightly.

Ramiz nodded. Sana's smile disappeared as she noticed a change in Ramiz's expressions.

'What happened?' She asked, concerned.

Ramiz sighed shaking his head and looked up at her. 'Sadly, no one takes my job or my passion seriously. Now,' - He shifted in his seat, Sana looked on intently, - 'Engineers and doctors are not the only professions, right?' - He paused, and Sana nodded, then he continued, - 'Then why no one takes the other professions seriously?' He ended his statement with bitterness. Sana nodded. He looked at her again.

'You must have faced the same problem, right?' He asked. Sana nodded again. She recollected how her mother had protested her choice of fashion designing. But she had fought with her and managed to pursue her love and passion for fashion. Ramiz extended his hand. Sana looked up when he held her hand.

'We have so much in common.' He smiled at her. Sana smiled little and nodded again.

The conversation got very uncomfortable and so Ramiz began cracking jokes again. Sana smiled and then began to laugh when the jokes were very good.

'And then- Oh, Bhai.'

Sana froze. She doesn't turn around when Ramiz called Daanish towards their table. Her heartbeat increased. Then, she felt someone stand beside her and looked up. Daanish looked at her.

'Come Bhai, join us.' Ramiz said happily.

Daanish smiled, for some reason, Sana found it a little sarcastic.