Chapter 15| A Familiar Stranger

A minute of awkward silence later the stranger spoke, - 'Uh, Miss?' – He paused for a second before continuing to speak, - 'I am sorry but trust me I didn't see anything.' He said.

Sana pressed her back against the door and placed her palm over her thumping heart.

She closed her eyes, - 'Just- just hand me my clothes. It's-it's on the bed.' Sana shivered as she spoke.

Awkward level infinity – Sana thought in her head.

She heard his footsteps but didn't even move a muscle. She was still reeling in from the shock. Never in her life has any man seen her in a towel and here a complete stranger saw her in one. She felt so embarrassed.

There was a knock, and Sana got startled. The stranger cleared his throat and she felt her heart jump into her throat. Slowly, she opened the door a little and turned her head, just then his hand stuck out with a bundle of clothes in his hand. She noted his manly hands and stared at the one prominent vein. Her gaze moved to his long fingers and she frowned.

The hand looks familiar – She thought.

'Miss?' He called shaking his hand.

Sana nodded and grabbed the clothes from his hand. He retracted his hand and she quickly shut the door.

Speedily, she wore a loose floral top adjusted the sleeves and tugged the asymmetrical hem of her chiffon top. She almost stumbled as she wore her white cigarette pants.

'****' She cursed and then bit her tongue. The stranger was out, and she was cursing, what will he think of her.

Swiftly, she removed the towel and wiped her hair. She then hung the towel back on the hanger. Once done, she gulped and twisted the doorknob. She held the hem of her shirt tightly and lowered her gaze as she stepped out.

Slowly, she looked up.

The stranger turned around and their gaze met. Sana noted the stranger to be well-built and about 5'10. His brown hair ruffled, few wild strands resting diagonally on his forehead. He has a diamond cut face with slightly heavy stubble matting his cheek and jawline.

Sana's gaze paused looking at very familiar Hazel eyes behind the thin-rimmed black wayfarer glasses.

Her jaw dropped. The stranger frowned as he looked at Sana gaping at him.

'Miss?' He waved his palm in front of her eyes and she snapped. Quickly, she closed her mouth and fixed her expressions.

'Oh-My-God! Daanish?' She exclaimed brightly. She noticed his expressions change. He looked at her from top to bottom and his face lit up.

'Sana?'

She nodded her head.

'Wow! What a pleasant surprise?' He said. Sana's smile faded.

Shit! Daanish saw me in a towel. Awkward level beyond infinity – Sana thought.

She noticed his expressions change as well. Judging by his expressions, Sana guessed he too was embarrassed recollecting the incident that just happened.

Damn! They met after almost ten years and that too in such an embarrassing way. The two looked away awkwardly. They continued to stare in two different directions for few minutes before Sana lowered her gaze and began playing with her nails. She looked up when Daanish cleared his throat.

'I think,' – He shifted, his gaze fixed on her nails, - 'you are in the wrong room.' He looked up at her.

'But the key is to this room.' She pointed towards the bedside table where she had placed her key. Daanish looked at the direction and then back at her. He smiled, and Sana felt her heart flutter, just like old times.

Shit! Nothing has changed – She thought with a smile.

'You got the wrong key.' He said. Sana smiled awkwardly and smacked her forehead.

'Silly me.' - she said with a silly grin, - 'in hurry, I didn't notice. Sorry.' She apologized.

'Arey, it is okay.' Daanish waved his hand and then paused for a second, - 'By the way nice meeting you after so long. You have changed so much.' He said looking at her. Sana looked away smiling. She felt her cheeks warm with his compliment.

They stood awkwardly for few more minutes before Sana looked up again, - 'I guess I will be going.' She said. Daanish nodded. Sana lowered her head and walked past him. Her cheeks still burned with embarrassment as she zipped her bag and made it steady. Quickly, she placed the sling of her handbag on her shoulder and looked at Daanish again.

'Uh, sorry I used the towels.' She apologized cutely. He smiled.

'It is okay, I will call the room service and get new ones. But I hope,' – He tilted his head hoping to catch Sana's gaze as he spoke, - 'You didn't finish off the body wash and shampoo.' He teased her. Sana smiled shyly and shook her head not meeting his gaze.

Gosh! Still, he has the same effect – Sana thought dreamily.

It doesn't feel like they were meeting after so long. Strange. 

************************************

So, Daanish is finally here *Yippee*.

Sana around Daanish, 

Nothing has changed *winks* *giggles*

So, guys how was the Chapter? Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles*