Chapter 58~ I Am Serious

The entire room was filled with smell of Mehendi. Sana wasn't a fan of Henna smell, but she likes the design. She admired how effortlessly the Henna artist was making delicate design on her palm. Unlike the bride and Nadia, Sana has opted for only wrist length Henna. Saba was also having her feet covered with Henna.

'Beautiful.' Nanu complimented as she sat beside Sana. She smiled and thanked her.

'Do you want any letter?' The Henna artist asked. Sana's gaze moved to Nadia who was sitting beside Alishba and chatting happily whilst the Henna artist was working on her arm.

She will be having Daanish's name in her Mehendi – Sana sighed and looked back at the Henna artist. She shook her head. As the Henna artist got busy with the design again Sana looked at Nanu who was grinning widely at her. Sana frowned. She found it strange and creepy.

******************************

At dinner time, Sana had decided to eat alone because the other option would have been sitting with Saba and her newly found girl gang. Sana doesn't like the crowd. After she ate, she stood up picking up her plate. Then, her gaze fell on a table and she spotted Daanish and Nadia. Nadia had her back to her but Daanish was in full view. Sana's heart sank watching them together. Nadia was busy talking something while Daanish was simply listening and busy eating. Sana was about to turn when Daanish looked up. As their gaze met, he stilled. She looked at him briefly before turning around and walking away.

After Sana disposed of her dirty plate she turned around and dashed into Nanu. The elderly woman smiled warmly at her.

'Dear, you have two minutes?' Nanu asked.

'Of course, Nanu.' Sana nodded and smiled a little. Nanu looked relieved. She suggested they walk towards the elevator and talk. Sana doesn't protest. She wondered what Nanu had to say. She looked very serious.

Nanu doesn't speak till they reach the lobby. Once there, Nanu suggested they take a stroll by the pond. She said it's serene at this time of the night. Sana nodded and silently followed her.

**************************

Five minutes passed but Nanu was still quiet. She continued to stare at the lotus floating on the still water. Sana stared at her feet. The Henna has dried, and it has started to itch now. She and the other girls were advised to not put their hand in the water. Sana wasn't interested in getting dark Mehendi, but she doesn't want pale yellow look either. And so, she has decided to stay away from water.

'Sana.' Nanu spoke and Sana stopped scratching the Mehendi with her fingernail and looked at Nanu. She smiled little and walked up to Sana.

'There is something important I want to talk to you and this time I am serious.' She said. Sana simply blinked at her. Now she was starting to get slightly worried.

What is it she wants to tell? – Sana thought nervously.

'Remember I spoke to you about Ramiz?' Nanu began cautiously. Sana shifted, inhaling deeply.

She should have guessed this.

'Nanu-'

'He is very serious about you, Sana. Firstly, his parents had approached me with your alliance. But you had no answer. From past one-month Ramiz is insisting I talk to you about this and get an answer.' – She took a step and held Sana's elbow, Sana lowered her head, - 'Listen, beta. I agree Ramiz's profession isn't – the usual types but he is well off. He earns nicely, works in Milan and he is out-going, open minded, good natured and he likes you. His parents are also good people. You can meet them as well.' Nanu completed speaking and looked intently at her.

Sana didn't know Nanu was this serious about her and Ramiz. That time she had thought Nanu casually mentioned him to her, also she simply wanted to annoy Daanish and that was why she kept mentioning about considering Ramiz. Sana wondered if she should say yes. Why shouldn't she? She was running behind a person who can never be hers. Maybe she does have a silly crush on him and if she gets married to Ramiz she will be able to come out of it and fall in love with Ramiz. There was no harm. Ramiz was a gentleman. He was nice to her. She recollected their dance practice and realized how he had made her comfortable. His touch wasn't awkward either. Maybe they will have a beautiful future. But on the other hand, Sana doesn't want to get trapped in a loveless marriage and let her child suffer like she had suffered.

'Sana?' – Nanu placed her palm on Sana's shoulder and she looked up, - 'Take your time but think seriously, please.' Nanu said softly.

Sana placed her palm over hers and moved it away. She held her palm and briefly stared at their joined palms and then looked up. She smiled.

'Tell Ramiz that I like him, and I will be lucky to have him in my life. But marriage is a huge step. I need some time. But I promise I will think seriously.'

********************************

Nanu, Nanu,

What do you think will happen next, guys? What will Sana decide? *sigh* 

So, how was the Chapter, guys? Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles* and Stay tuned *flying kisses*