Chapter 20| Super Cool Nanu

TRING....TRING....

'Shut the alarm, Appi.' Saba groaned shifting in her place and burying her head in the pillow. Sana yawned and sat up covering her open mouth with the back of her palm. She shut the alarm and stretched. She sighed ruffling her hair and moving the duvet off her.

Yawning again she walked towards her wardrobe. She blinked a couple of time as she selected the clothes for the day. Then, she grabbed the towel and placed everything on her arm. She yawned again as she walked back to the bed. She picked up her phone and checked the time.

7 am. She sighed placing the phone back on the table and turned around.

After a warm shower, Sana felt freshened. She didn't wash her hair today. As she stepped out of the bathroom she looked at the bed. Saba was laying on her back and still fast asleep.

The silly girl will miss the buffet – Sana thought. For a moment she considered waking her little sister up but before she could her phone rang. She walked to the table and picked up her phone.

Alishba calling.

Sana picked up the call. The two greeted each other and Alishba insisted she came to her room as yesterday they didn't get to spend time together. Also, she was nervous as in the evening it was her engagement. Sana agreed. She placed her phone in the back pocket of her denim and adjusted the spaghetti strap of her pink tank top. She wore a white shrug over her top. Flipping her hair back, she glanced at Saba and turned around walking out of the room. She texted her where she was going, also reminded her of the buffet.

***********************************

KNOCK, KNOCK

'Come in.'

Sana took a deep breath and pushed open the door. She looked around and found Alishba on the bed with an elderly woman beside her. Sana looked at the woman. Her short gray hair neatly combed and side-parted. A black cat eye glasses suited her face cut and hairstyle perfectly. Sana looked at her attire. Dressed in pink short Kurthi and white cigarette pants she looked classy. Moreover, for a woman her age, generally, she had a well-maintained physique. She looked at Sana and pressed her lips, her lips so thin that pressed together they made one fine line. Sana felt slightly intimidated by that look.

'Yes?' The woman raised her perfectly shaped brow. She reminded Sana of Adah.

Alishba smiled placing her palm on the woman's thigh, - 'Nanu, she is Sana. Remember, my best friend and Sana,' – She turned to look at her friend, - 'She is my maternal grandmother,' – she looked back lovingly at the woman, - 'My Nanu.' The older woman smiled at her.

Sana nodded. 'Hello-' She didn't know what to say. Nanu stood up and walked up to Sana. She forwarded her hand and Sana shook her hand.

'Call me, Nanu.' She said confidently. Sana nodded. She admired this unusual grandmother.

'Nanu.' Alishba climbed down the bed and walked up to them. She rested her elbow on her Nanu's shoulder and said, - 'You know, Sana is a designer in England and guess what she has made this gorgeous dress for me.' She excitedly turned around and hurried towards her wardrobe. Nanu looked impressed. Sana smiled nervously. Alishba got the dress and flaunted it. Sana felt proud with the compliments Nanu showered on the dress.

'This is so good, Sana.' She said with a smile. The smile comforted Sana.

'And you are cute too.' Nanu surprised Sana by pinching her cheek. Alishba giggled. Sana smiled massaging her cheek.

'By the way, are you engaged or married?' Nanu asked the most typical grandmother question. Alishba grinned.

'No.' Sana said shaking her head. Nanu gasped.