Chapter 69| The Parent's React

It didn't take them till the evening to find out. Daanish and Sana were called to Mr and Mrs. Ali's suite. Sana panicked while Saba tried to coax her, but she kept pacing nervously in her room. The doorbell rang, and Sana yelped. Saba asked her to relax and made her sit at the edge of the bed. Then she hurried to get the door. She opened the door and was surprised to see her mother standing on the other side. She looked worried.

'Ma?'

'Where is Sana?' She asked.

'Inside.' Saba replied and stepped aside. Mrs. Shah entered the room. Sana sat rocking in her seat, her knuckle pressed against her lips and she stared into oblivion.

'Sana?'

She looked up and found her mother standing there. She wondered what she wanted. She never came to their room. In fact, since they separated in the lobby they haven't even properly interacted. Sana sighed, rolled her eyes and looked away.

'What has happened, Sana? Why are the Alis so angry?' She sounded worried. Sana looked at her.

Alis are angry. Shit! Sana looked away again. She hadn't expected them to get angry. She had expected them to be shocked but angry?

She sighed placing her elbows on her thigh and leaned forward grabbing her hair. 'Shit!' She muttered.

'Sana? Mr. Ali is blasting Daanish and his fiancé is nowhere to be seen. His grandmother is doing damage control and Mr. Ali is calling you a home breaker. What is happening?' Mrs. Shah too sounded a little angry. Sana doesn't reply. Saba walked to her mother and held her shoulder.

'Ma, relax. I will tell yo-'

'No, Saba.' Sana interrupted her. Saba looked helplessly at her sister and Sana shook her head. She sighed. Just then Sana's phone began to ring. Sana got up and hurried to the bedside table. With her heartbeat racing, she picked up the phone.

Nanu calling!

Sana began to sweat now. She picked up the call and brought the phone to her ear. She bit the thumb-nail.

'Hello, Sana? Dear, please come to suite 510.' Nanu sounded worried. Sana agreed and cut the call. She turned around and looked at Saba.

'I have to leave.' She said

'But where?'

'I will tell you after I come.' Sana called over her shoulder as she hurriedly left the room. Mrs. Shah and Saba glanced cluelessly at each other.

*******************************

Sana felt her heart pounding fanatically in her throat and she shivered as she stood in front of the suite 510. Slowly, she extended her hand. Her palms were clammy. Hesitantly, she rang the doorbell. She inhaled deeply upon hearing footsteps.

Shit, she is a goner.

I should have written my will before I came here – Sana thought worriedly.

The door opened and Alishba's face popped from behind the door. She was dressed in bridal gharara with jewelry. She looked like a newly-wed. Sana looked at her, nervously, but she frowned.

Oh No! Even Alishba is mistaking her - One thing Sana was not understanding, why is everyone treating her and Daanish as though they were some criminals?

'Hi.' Sana's voice shook as she spoke.

'Hi.' Alishba replied with a straight face and stepped aside. Nervously, Sana entered the room. She walked with Alishba and found everyone next to the elegant L-shaped sofa. She looked at Daanish who looked back at her. He seemed calm, as always. Right now, Sana felt like a school kid being called to the principal's office for doing some mischief. She gulped and moved her gaze from him to Mr. Ali. He didn't look as menacing as Sana had pictured him in his head.