Chapter 71| Something is Fishy

Note: Jeejaji is Brother-in-law and Jeeju is a short form for it. 

*******************************

Sana was dreading this. She had successfully hidden about her family problems from Alishba and Daanish but now after the reception when they have come to her house she felt uneasy. Daanish got down the car and realized Sana was still sitting inside. He peeped inside and called her. She snapped from her trance and turned her head.

'Come.' Daanish gestured with his head and she nodded. Quickly, Sana adjusted dupatta of her royal blue salwar suit and opened the door. She hated wearing so many bangles that made so much noise and hindered her free hand movement. But since she was a newly wedded bride all this jewelry was a must.

'Appi!' Saba rushed towards Sana and engulfed her in a tight hug. Sana hugged her back. Daanish smiled watching the two sisters. After the girls parted Saba looked at Daanish and smiled.

'So, Daanish. Now, I should be calling you Jeejaji as you are my brother in law now.' Saba said and giggled.

'Of course.' Daanish faked pride. Saba giggled louder. Sana looked at her sister with a smile.

***************************

As they entered the house, Mrs. Shah appeared from the kitchen and hurried towards her daughter. Sana smiled awkwardly. When Mrs. Shah hugged her Sana hugged back half-heartedly. Daanish found Sana's body language slightly odd.

'How are you, Beta? You were comfortable there?' Mrs. Shah asked admiring her daughter. Sana nodded but didn't reply.

Daanish glanced at Saba who looked back sadly. Mr. Shah welcomed them too. He shook hands with Daanish and patted Sana's head.

'Appi. Since you and Jeeju are going to stay in our room I have been shifted to the storeroom.' Saba pouted. Sana simply smiled while Daanish looked genuinely concerned. And, seeing his reaction Saba quickly covered up.

'But I have re-designed it to suit my style and I love it.' She looked genuinely happy. Sana extended her hand and patted her younger sister's cheek.

********************************

Back in the room, Sana had been unpacking when she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist. She smiled leaning back against his chest.

'You know,' – Daanish placed his chin on her shoulder and whispered into her ear, Sana shivered, - 'You look so amazing in traditional wear.' – He titled his head to look at her, Sana too turned her head and looked at him, - 'And very tempting too.' He sighed and leaned closer. Sana smiled as he nuzzled his face into her hair. He sniffed and smiled inhaling the scent of her shampoo. Sana felt his grip on her waist tightened. She placed her palm over his arm and smiled. She giggled as he kissed the crook of her neck.

'Daanish—St -- stop it --' She managed to speak in between her giggles. Though she asked him to stop, she didn't want him to. Daanish slid his palms up the length of her arms and rested them on her shoulder. Sana quivered in his embrace as felt weak in the knees but his hold was strong enough to keep her standing.

As Daanish kissed her cheek, jawline and neck her dupatta dropped but Sana doesn't bother picking it up. Daanish held her shoulders and turned her around. She faced him but lowered her head. Instead of looking at his gorgeous face she chose to stare at their feet. Daanish smiled and held her chin. He lifted her face and kissed her forehead.

'I love you.' He said with his lips lingering on her forehead. Sana smiled and leaned back. She held his forearm and stared lovingly into his eyes. Seeing so much love in his hazel eyes made Sana's heart to flutter. She hasn't had anyone look at her this way.