Chapter 33| At His Home

Twenty minutes later, Sana glanced at her wrist watch and was relieved. One more minute of funny cats video and Sana would have landed in a coma. She took extra five minutes to not look desperate. She stood at his door. She heard faint sound of piano. Sana blinked at the door and then leaned pressing her eat against the door. She closed her eyes and smiled hearing the beautiful melody.

After a while, she shook her head and rang the door-bell. The music stopped playing. She waited, tapping her feet. The door opened and Daanish stood on the other side. Sana smiled at him.

'Here.' She forwarded him the coat. Daanish adjusted his glasses and looked at it and then at her.

'Not like this. Come in.' He stepped aside. Sana nodded and entered. Daanish closed the door and walked behind her. Sana looked around and noticed he had arranged strings of lights hanging above the large glass window. The yellow lights brightened the room and enhanced its beauty.

'Liked it?' Daanish spoke standing next to her.

'Lovely.' Sana exclaimed looking at the beautiful lights.

'Nadia's idea.' Daanish replied admiring the lights. Sana's smile dropped. She looked at him.

Why do you have to spoil my mood – Sana thought to herself.

Daanish turned his head and smiled at her. Sana forced a smile. She handed him the coat and bid hasty good-bye. She was about to leave when Daanish called her and she stopped in her tracks.

'Come, I will make tea for you.' He said. Sana sighed. She wanted to refuse but also wanted to spend some time with him. She nodded.

'I don't make awesome tea like you but still.' He said jokingly.

'Stop buttering me.' Sana replied rudely.

Daanish blinked at her. He was surprised with her tone. Sana sighed.

'You always compliment me. I dunno,' – She shrugged, - 'it sounds very unreal.' She made a helpless face.

Truthfully, Sana wasn't annoyed because he was always complimenting her but was pissed off because most of his conversation always had Nadia in it. But then, it wasn't his fault. She is his fiancé after all.

'I was genuinely complimenting you. I am sorry if I went overboard.' Daanish sounded hurt and Sana felt guilty.

'No, I didn't mean it that way. I-'

Daanish sighed and Sana stopped speaking. He looked at her. 'I don't easily compliment people. Nadia always has complaints on that. Also on how I don't talk much. But I don't know why I become a completely different person with you.' He confessed.

Sana's heart skipped a beat when he said that. He looked on intently. Sana stared into his hazel eyes for a while before looking away.

'You know what. Let us forget I said something. Okay? Make me tea, please.' Sana said and smiled her best. Daanish doesn't seem impressed. He simply nodded and asked her to sit.

Good Job, Sana. You offended him – Sana mentally cursed herself.

******************************

As Daanish prepared Tea, Sana looked around the place. He has maintained everything so neatly. In fact, she being a girl has her home messier than his.

Must be Nadia's idea – Sana scoffed folding her arms.

She just looked around the living room and didn't dare go to the bedroom though she wanted to. As she admired the lights she heard a loud sound of a steel utensil dropping on the floor.