Chapter 4| An Old Friend

'This design is messy here. Daniel, I had asked you to correct this, right?' Sana spoke to one of her team member. He made a face and began arguing. Sana recollected Adah's words and scolded him. He muttered angrily and walked away. Sana sighed holding her forehead. Just then one of her team member stood in front of her. Sana looked up, the girl nervously fidgeted with her nails.

'Yes?' Sana raised an eyebrow at her. The girl gulped and cleared her throat.

'Maam, Hazel-Hazel couldn't come-' She stammered, and Sana breathe out closing her eyes, the girl continued, - 'she has got flu, but-but she has mailed you the designs. Please--check, Maam.' She completed and gulped again.

'Fine.' Sana replied and waved her hand. The girl thanked her and took few steps back before turning around and walking away.

Sana sighed and switched on her computer. She logged in and opened an internet Tab. She frowned on not finding any mail in her inbox. Perhaps, it is in spam mail- Sana thought. She clicked on the spam and first mail she found was from Hazel. Sana checked the mail and downloaded the photos. Then, she looked up from the screen and rose from her seat. Sana adjusted the long sleeve of her white and blue striped pullover sweater and pushed back bangs of her hair from her forehead. Then, she left to grab a cup of coffee.

**************************

After a while, she returned and took her seat. She placed the paper cup and moved her head back. She switched on the computer again to check if there was any other new mail from Hazel. As she was about to close the Tab, her gaze fell on an oddly familiar name. Just under Hazel's mail.

Sana's heart stopped for a moment. A minute later, a smile appeared on her face. Excitedly, she clicked on the mail. As she waited for the mail to open she kept shaking her leg. She held her breath as she began reading the mail.

Hey, Sana! My jaan. Remember me? I can't believe we are the same who used to never be apart. But then life happened *sigh* Anyway, I am not going to whine because I have happy news. A very happy news.

Remember how we used to wait for prince charming on a white horse, coming and scooping us off our feet *giggles* we were so silly. I can't believe how time passed so quickly.

Anyway *dramatic pause* I have found my prince charming. Before you ask, let me tell you, it is an arranged marriage. His name is Aahil Shah. He didn't come on a white horse, but a white Mercedes, actually. Nevertheless, he did sweep me off my feet in our first meeting itself.

The final date of the wedding isn't fixed yet. I will call you and give more information.

Give me your number.

And yes, no excuses. I want my best friend with me on the best day of my life.

Bye!

Nostalgia hit Sana hard as she re-read the mail. She recollected how she had met Alishba in kindergarten. Both very young and gelled up over crayons and coloring book. Sana sighed and blinked at the screen. As teens, the two were partners in crime. Bunking classes, drooling over boys, gossiping and bitching together. Sana smiled to herself. Then, her smile faded when her mind drifted to him.

Daanish

Sana felt her heart skip a beat. Still, she remembers the first time she had stared into his hazel eyes. The moment she had looked at it, she was bowled over.

'Maam!' Sana snapped from her reverie. Quickly, she wiped the silly grin off her face and straightened in her seat.

'Yes, Racheal?' Sana fidgeted with the trace papers. The young girl smiled widely and politely asked her to come check the dress she was working on. Sana nodded. She cleared her throat, flipped her hair and rose from her seat. As she walked with Racheal, a smile appeared on her face again.