Chapter 8| Like a Movie Date

Sana was all grins as she sat in the back seat of Daanish's car. True, Alishba and Saba were accompanying them as well, but she was happy to get to see Daanish. Alishba and Sana's exam started few days ago, the first two exams were over and now there was a weekend break between the next which was English. To Sana's surprise and good luck Daanish had seen the girls stressed and decided to take them out for a little spin to clear their heads. The girls readily agreed.

Alishba sat beside her brother while the sisters sat back. Saba and Alishba chatted with Daanish. Though, he spoke little but was very warm and friendly. Sana kept admiring him and hardly spoke anything. Sana was not as talkative as she used to be as a kid, now she prefers staying quiet most of the time. Also, she was crushing on Daanish big time and it becomes hard to speak in presence of your crush.

'Hey, Sana! Why aren't you saying anything?' Daanish asked. Startled, Sana looked up and their gaze met through the rear-view mirror.

'yes, dude, you slept off?' Alishba chirped.

'No.' - Sana closed her eyes hearing her hoarse voice, she cleared her throat and spoke again, - 'No.'

Daanish nodded. 'Good. So, excited about shopping? Connaught place.' He asked looking at her through the rear-view mirror again.

'Not really.' Sana said in a small voice.

'Appi doesn't like shopping much.' Saba added dryly. Sana glared at her while she simply shrugged.

'Oh!' Daanish sounded disappointed and Sana felt slightly bad.

'Actually, I don't like shopping, but Connaught place is good.' She said. Daanish sighed and looked up at her through the mirror again.

'I should have asked you too, this Alishba said you will like it.' He looked to his side and Alishba gave a helpless look.

'No, Daanish, it is okay, really.' Sana said instantly, she felt terrible.

Damn, Sana why did you open your mouth – She cursed herself.

Sana's eyes widened as Daanish steered the car out of the traffic and into a free parking spot. Alishba looked at him surprised. 'What happened, Bhai?' She asked. Saba looked on perplexed while Sana wished she hadn't spoken. Daanish thought for a while.

'Movie?' He asked.

'Yes, that will be fine.' Sana was first one to speak. Daanish nodded and looked at the other two girls. Alishba was slightly disappointed as she had hoped to do a lot of shopping but when Saba agreed she also nodded her head. Daanish looked at them and ignited the engine again.

'Movie it is then.' He said.

************************************

Sana couldn't believe her luck as she sat beside Daanish, Alishba on his other side and Saba on her other side. Daanish looked at her and asked if she was comfortable and Sana nodded. She was more than comfortable. As the advertisements played on the big screen, Sana moved her hand to place it on the armrest. Her eyes on the screen. She gasped inwardly when her elbow hit sharply with his elbow.

'Sorry.' He said and smiled.

Gosh! Please stop smiling, it will be the death of me.

Wow! What shining pearly whites

He turned to look at the screen and Sana's silly smile faded. She shook her head and looked ahead. Soon, the lights dimmed, and the movie started. Sana tried to concrete on the movie, but her eyes kept wandering to the gorgeous young man beside her. At times, he caught her gaze and she looked away feeling embarrassment.