Chapter 51| An Awkward Ride

The last few months were though on Sana. Initially she couldn't manage staying away and so everything was normal. Then, slowly she began distancing herself, but it was kind of negligible and so hardly anyone realized. And then came the crappiest for month for Sana when she actually began avoiding Daanish. She wasn't answering his call, nor opening the door for him, and when he confronted her on the streets she pretended like everything was fine, also she spoke minimal and ran off. It just took two weeks to piss of Daanish and he gradually stopped.

She had been trying her hard to avoid Daanish. But his annoyed and angry face disturbed her. Yet she didn't budge, instead, she strengthened her heart. She also felt guilty for treating Daanish this way. Poor guy looked very confused and angry at her strange behavior. It was tough, very tough.

*******************************

'Appi!' An over-excited voice startled Sana. She looked up from her luggage trolley. Saba squeezed her way through the crowd and was walking excitedly towards her. Sana was surprised to see Alishba there with her as well. Sana smiled seeing her two favorite ladies together. Saba and Alishba both hugged Sana tightly. She nearly stumbled back but managed to stand her ground.

'Guess who has come with us too?' Alishba grinned.

'Who?' Sana asked tugging her hair behind her ear. Alishba opened her mouth to say something but Saba nudged her hard and Alishba winced. She glared at Saba but Saba simply grinned placing her finger on her lips. Sana's eyes darted from Saba to Alishba and back again.

'Come, Appi.' Saba held Sana's wrist and tugged on her arm.

'Arey, one minute. I can't leave my bags here.' Sana said clenching the handle of the trolley. Saba sighed letting go of her sister's hand.

The three girls walked towards the parking area. All the while, Sana kept wondering who the mystery person was. She spotted a black Nissan Sedan where the ladies were leading her. Sana squinted her eyes but there was no one near the car. Perhaps, the person was waiting in the car.

They stopped at some distance behind the car. Saba and Alishba glanced at each other. Alishba then walked towards the driver seat and knocked at the window pane. Sana watched the window drop and Alishba speak to the person inside.

Perhaps, it's Aahil - Sana thought. A smile appeared on her face. Aahil is so sweet – She thought.

Alishba took a step back and the car door opened. Sana looked on as a man stepped out. Her smile faded as he turned around.

Daanish – Sana mentally slapped her forehead. How did she not see this coming?

Sana felt awkward and lowered her head. Daanish walked up to them with Alishba. Sana avoided his gaze.

'Hey. Why aren't you greeting each other?'

'Yeah, stop behaving like strangers. You guys had become such great friends,' – Alishba paused and held Daanish's arm, - 'Bhai?' She shook his arm.

Slowly, Sana looked up and found Daanish looking elsewhere. He looked at her. Their gaze was awkward.

'Hi.' Sana managed to say.

'Hi.' Daanish replied dryly. Sana extended her hand for a handshake but Daanish very swiftly held the handle of the trolley. This hurt Sana, but she managed to mask her embarrassment and hurt with a smile.

As Daanish stuffed her bags into the back bonnet of his car, Sana quickly got into the car. She sat in the backseat. Thankfully, no one said anything. Else, Sana was fearing they would have made her sit in the passenger's seat. Saba got into the car next to her and Alishba sat in the passenger's seat. Daanish got in and Sana shifted uncomfortably.

'Are you alright, Appi?' Saba asked. She looked concerned at her sister.

'Yeah, Yeah.' Sana replied folding her arms and sinking into the seat. Saba eyed her sister suspiciously before turning around and looking front.

****************************

Throughout the journey, Alishba and Saba kept talking. Sana was glad they did else the car ride would have been very awkward. Saba was so excited about the wedding because it was a destination wedding in Bali. With the way, Saba described her plans there, Sana felt excited too. Also, she felt jealous of Alishba. Destination engagement in Goa and now Destination wedding in Bali. Alishba laughed and informed them that her family wanted to be a step ahead of the groom's and wanted to impress them that's why they selected a destination abroad.

'It is just a waste of money.' Daanish said. It was the first time he spoke throughout the journey.

'Bhai.' Alishba sounded offended. Saba also sided with Alishba. Though, Sana agreed with Daanish she doesn't open her mouth. She looked at him through the rear-view mirror, co-incidentally he looked up too. Their gaze met for a second before Sana looked away.

**************************

Sana breathed a sigh of relief as Daanish parked outside the main gate of the Sana's home. Everyone got down the car. Once again, Sana and Daanish's gaze met. This time Daanish looked away. Sana adjusted the strap of her keep all bag and walked around the car and stopped in front of the back bonnet. Daanish opened the bonnet. Sana doesn't say anything as he picked out her luggage.

'Come in Daanish. Mom has prepared excellent Biryani.' Saba said brightly.

No, please, no – Sana thought in her head.

'No. There is a lot to do.' Daanish replied avoiding Sana's gaze. Though Sana wanted him to say no she felt disappointed.

You are a confused soul, Sana – Her heart spoke to her. She frowned and shook her head.

'Okay then. Before we fly to Bali please come to visit our home.' Alishba said. Sana nodded, and the two ladies hugged. Saba and Alishba hugged too. Sana looked at Daanish, he looked back with a straight face. Before Saba and Alishba could begin chatting, Daanish asked Alishba to come with him as they were getting late. Sana rolled her eyes.

He is behaving as though he is a President of someplace – Sana thought while making a face in her head. Daanish looked at her and she quickly fixed her expressions. 

**************************

Sana is indeed a confused soul *giggles* My Girl, you are in love. When will you realize *slaps forehead* and Daanish *sigh* That guy is mad at her. Is he angry on her for avoiding him or is he angry because he is missing her *Awwww* What do you guys, think?

How was the Chapter? Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles* and Stay tuned to know what happens next *flying kisses*