Chapter 60| Sana's Condition

Hearing his confession Sana felt giddy. Suddenly, she had an urge to pinch herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming. Though, Daanish was shocked before, but now he was calm. His grip loosened but Sana doesn't move her hand, she stared into his eyes. Stunned, blown away.

Oh-My-God! Daanish loves me? Me? – Sana's heart and brain danced with joy.

Daanish moved his hand and looked away. Sana watched him, massage his forehead with his fingers, his other hand resting on his hips. He looked back at her and held her shoulder. Finally, since his confession, Sana blinked.

'I love you, Sana. I don't know when I fell in love with you and how. I liked you, in a friendly way, since you were a teenager. As adults, when we met again, I realized how much we had in common. I felt connected with you, I enjoyed your company. Your looks, your personality just made me fall in love with you.' He confessed calmly.

Sana stared at him for a while before her head begun to spin and she fainted. She fell forward into Daanish's arms.

************************

Sana's eyelids fluttered opened and she stared up at the hotel room's ceiling. For a second she wondered what she was doing here? She was in the garden area. Then, she recollected Daanish's confession and her heart skipped a beat. She felt someone holding her hand. She turned her head and found a worried looking Daanish. He held her palm tightly and leaned.

'Sana? Are you alright?' He asked patting her forehead. Sana nodded. She moved her hand from his grip and placed her palms on the bed. She pushed herself up. Daanish felt hesitant to touch her.

Sana got up and rested her back against the bedpost.

'Water?' Daanish asked. Sana shook her head. Daanish lowered his gaze. Sana held his hand that was resting on the bed. He looked up at her.

'You seriously love me?' She asked. Still, she was in disbelieve. Daanish looked into her eyes and nodded.

'And Nadia?' Sana felt her heartbeat increase as she anticipated his answer. He sighed and shifted.

'Letting go of Nadia won't be easy.' He looked helplessly at her. Sana's heart dropped. He leaned and placed his other palm over their palms. 'I need time.' He said softly. Sana slipped her hand from his grip and he looked worried.

She looked front for a moment and then looked at him, - 'You have time till the reception, Daanish. Fix everything.' – She noticed Daanish stiffened, - 'I don't want to run behind the smoke.' – She gulped and continued, - 'If you fail then I will say yes to Ramiz the next day of the reception.' Sana said sternly. Daanish retracted and leaned against the chair. Sana knew she was rude, but she doesn't want to go down the road that will inevitably lead her to a heartbreak. Just like how Daanish can't see her with another man, she can't see him with another woman. Only, she knew how much it hurts her seeing Nadia sticking to him.

'Sana?'

She turned her head and looked at him. Daanish wanted to hold her hand but retracted his hand. She looked at his hand and then back at him. He shifted and adjusted his glasses. His eyes darted nervously before his gaze fixed on her.

'Do you -- Do you love me too?' He asked. Nervousness evident from his voice. Sana blinked at him and then looked away.

Should I confess too? - Sana wondered. If she confesses, then maybe Daanish won't take her threat seriously. She bit her lower lip.

'Sana? Before I take a huge step, a decision, I need to be sure that you will be there with me?' He said. 

Sana looked at him. He was right. But she simply shifted and moved the duvet from over her.