Chapter 14| A Stranger in the Room

The night before travelling, Sana stood alone in the room and stared out from the open window. She heard the door open and close.

'Oh-My-Gosh! Goa! Beach, party. Wow!' Saba gushed as soon as she entered. Sana smiled and turned around.

'Sorry to burst your bubble but we are going there for engagement and not for some party.' Sana grinned watching Saba's smile drop. But it was only momentarily, she smirked.

'So? We can still party.' – She turned and walked towards the bed, she opened the luggage and fished out some flimsy looking clothes, - 'Bikinis.' She grinned widely. Sana's eyes popped out.

Bikinis, seriously? But I have never worn one and I am sure Saba hasn't either – Sana thought in her head.

Saba grinned walking towards her sister, she wound her arm around her neck and pulled her closer, - 'I got for you too. Thank me later.' She said with pride.

'But how did you know my size?' Sana raised her eyebrow.

Saba grinned, - 'I have my ways.'

Sana smiled. She took the bikinis from her and stared at it.

Sana was definitely excited to wear this but was also not sure if she would be confident enough to pull off a bikini. She decided to not stress herself over it for now. She handed them to Saba and smiled at her.

'This will be fun.' She said, and Saba nodded.

Walking towards her bed, Saba spoke, - 'I wish you get married soon. We will have thousand times more fun.'

Sana's smile dropped. She shook her head and walked towards the bed too. 'I am sleepy.' She sat on the bed and pulled her legs up. She covered herself with the duvet and whispered, - 'Good night.'

'Good night.' Saba replied.

Sana turned around and clenched the duvet close to herself. Saba switched on the night lamp which was on her bedside table. Saba has still few packing to do. Sana closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

She should forget about arrange marriage like Alishba's because no way she was going to accept a man chosen by the Shahs. Also, she wondered if they would bother choosing someone for her. Had Mr. Shah being bothered about her he would have tried to mend the relationship, instead, he always pushed Sana away from him. Even when she was little. This created a deep-rooted hatred in her mind and heart for him. And as for her mother, she too didn't bother loving her the way she loved Saba. In fact, the next year of divorcing Sana's father she got married to Mr. Shah and the same year got pregnant with Saba. When was the time for Sana? No one had time for Sana.

She sighed burying her face into the duvet. Tears escaped the corner of her left eye, but she didn't bother wiping them. A while later, she felt the lights switching off and Saba's weight lay beside her. Sana closed her eyes tightly.

**********************************

The flight landed, the two sisters stepped out together. Sana wanted to avoid Mr. and Mrs. Shah and so was quick in grabbing her luggage and walking out. Saba managed to tag along.

Saba left her trolley and opened her arms, she smiled widely and exclaimed, - 'Goa!'

Sana felt embarrassed and covered her face with her palm. Saba turned around excitedly and rushed to Sana.

'Calm down, Saba.' Sana said with a smile Saba chuckled shaking her head.

'Girls, behave.' Mr. Shah's stern voice silenced the girls. Saba looked fearfully at her father while Sana looked away. Mr. Shah glared at the two and then walked with his trolley.