Chapter 61| Sangeet Ceremony

Yaaay! It's Sangeet Function. Put on your dancing shoes, guys and get ready to dance 

 Put on your dancing shoes, guys and get ready to dance 

*****************************

Sana kept nervously adjusting her beige sequin dupatta as she along with Saba and other girls waited in the back stage. She could hear the music playing. Now, it was the turn for some kids to dance. Sana recollected how confident Misha was before her performance while she felt pathetic about herself. The little kid was cool and here she was sweating like a pig. As Sana looked around, she spotted someone, and her eyes widened. She turned to face the mirror. Quickly, she began applying powder on her face again. As she adjusted her golden bangles someone cleared their throat and Sana looked up in the mirror. She blinked at Daanish's reflection not believing he was here.

'Hey!' He smiled tilting his head a little. Sana smiled and turned around.

'Hey.' She replied brightly. Seeing him here, she felt all her worry disappear. Daanish nodded.

'Nervous?' He asked

'Yes.' She flashed a nervous smile and clasped her palms together. Daanish could tell. He noted how sweat beads formed on her forehead and how she kept scrunching her small cute nose.

God! She is looking so gorgeous – Daanish thought, then he looked away from her face and at her attire, sleeveless maroon crop choli and simple embroiderer beige lehenga.

'Am I looking okay?' Sana asked touching her golden danglers and then moving her fingers over the board gold and maroon neckpiece that stuck to her collarbone. She nervously fidgeted with it. Daanish extended his hand and she froze as he adjusted her golden danglers.

'You are looking beautiful.' He said, gazing into her eyes. Sana gulped and stared unblinkingly at him.

Daanish wanted to touch her neckpiece too but moved his hand back. He kept looking at her face, into her eyes.

Not now, Daanish – He told himself and outwardly forced a smile. Sana smiled, looking away. She played with the hem of her dupatta and felt her cheeks burn with Daanish's gaze on her. But before she could melt into a puddle Saba interrupted them. Daanish at first was disappointed but then interacted with a smile. He wished both the girls all the best and left. Saba and Sana looked at each other nervously.

*****************************

It was soon Sana's turn next. Saba and her girl gang were about to finish their performance. Sana held Ramiz's palm tightly as the girls finished and the entire hall echoed with claps and cheers.

'We will be fine.' Ramiz whispered.

'Yeah!' Sana replied breathlessly. Her heart was pounding fanatically. She had never been people's person and now performing in front of so many people. Sana feared she might faint. The anchor announced, Sana and Ramiz's romantic dance number and everyone clapped. Ramiz squeezed her palm tightly and urged her to the stage. Sana mechanically walked towards the center of the stage. She looked ahead and found Alishba grinning at her, Aahil beside her. Sana relaxed when her gaze met Daanish. He smiled at her. She smiled back. But her smile faded on seeing Nadia next to him. She was talking to someone on phone. Sana looked back at Daanish and he gave a small nod. She acknowledged him by nodding.