Chapter 30| Rain and Tea

Daanish grabbed his coat from behind the recliner and wore it quickly. Sana watched him but when he looked at her she looked away.

'I don't like to brag but I make awesome tea.' Sana spoke as the two stepped out from the building. Daanish smiled nodding his head.

'Great.' He complimented, and Sana lowered her head, her cheeks burned. She doesn't speak this way and she doesn't know what made her say that.

Daanish tugged his palms into his pant pockets as they walked. Sana frowned on feeling a droplet fall on her nose. She looked up and one more drop fell on her cheek.

'What happened?' Daanish asked looking intently at her.

'I think it is going to-' She couldn't complete, and the downpour started. The rain wasn't that hard, but it began drenching them little.

'Oh My God.' Daanish exclaimed.

It was cloudy since morning today, also it had drizzled little in the afternoon but now the rain was slowly picking up. Luckily, they weren't that wet. Daanish quickly removed his coat and moved his arm behind Sana.

'Come closer.' He said, and Sana looked startled at him.

He gestured her to get into the coat that he held raised above his head. Sana shifted, and he extended his arm taking her in.

Hum tere bin ab reh nahin sakthe – Sana's mind wandered to the romantic song from a movie. But in that song, the situation was romantic, and the leads were intimating close. Sana glanced sadly at Daanish who kept looking front.

'That was sudden.' Daanish said moving the coat from above them. Sana sighed sadly. She turned around and opened the building door. The two entered.

******************************

'Nice apartment.' Daanish commented looking around the living room.

'Thanks.' Sana said walking towards the room heater. Daanish watched her as she switched on the heater. She gestured him to come towards it, - 'You take some heat I will change and come.'

Daanish nodded. Sana turned around and walked into her bedroom.

She locked the door and quickly stripped. Thankfully, her undies were not wet. She hurriedly walked to her cupboard and took out her cotton PJs. They were loose, and she doesn't want Daanish to see her in badly fashioned clothes. But then if she wears something other than PJs it would look awkward. She bit her lip looking at the Hello Kitty cotton PJ.

Minutes later, she stepped out of her room. She closed the door and looked up. Daanish stood by the canvas looking closely at her designs. As she walked into the living room she heard the rain. It had increased.

She looked towards the window and noted the blinds were pulled up. She looked back at Daanish. He lifted one trace paper and looked at the second one behind it. She clenched the hem of her cotton shirt and walked towards him. He doesn't notice her and to get his attention she cleared her throat. Daanish turned his head and looked at her. She walked towards him.